First Day

My stomach was all butterflys as I stood in the girls locker room. It was early in the morning and there was no light coming through the windows at the top right hand side of the room. The smell of deoderant still lingered in the air. The benches that lined the side walls where painted in an off red colour the paint peeling off in ringlets leaving wooden gaps. Grafitii covered the empty space making the benches somewhat more high-school like. It was my first day. I was so nervous. I had recently transfered from my old all girls school too here. The reason? I was offered a full basketball scholarship. I didnt mind leaving my old school. Every teacher acted like they had a demon growing inside them, which made dragging myself too school each day rather a drag.

I pulled the basketball uniform. Coach had handed me the first one he had found. He had literally looked at me for a second, made the conclusion I was over 5 9' and stuffed one of the boys uniforms in my hand. The shorts I could deal with and after a few rolls they fitted just fine. The top,however was on the larger side. I gathered a small amout of the fabric in my hand and tied it using one of my spare hair elastics. Flipping the end underneath the top. Once I was dressed I went over to examine my appearence in the mirror. The uniform was large making me look even more stick-like then what I was. The colour's of burgundy, blue and white mixed together nicely and the fierce eagle clawing at the basketball completed the uniform. This was my first training after I had recieved the scholarship. I had seen no other girls when I entered the gym and I was secretly praying I wouldnt be the only one. Before I left I gathered my straight blondeish-brown hair into a high poney tail.

Act confident and they wont know the difference I thought as I walked out of the change room. The sound of bouncing balls met my ears and the squeaking of runners on floor met my ears. The constant noise calmed my nerves. At one end of the floor a group of about six boys where standing around shooting and laughing. At the other end a similar sized group of girls stood stretching in a circle. I made my way over too the girls and smiled too them.

"Hey I am Bailey. New girl." I added on the end just for reference. I had never had too introduce myself a the new girl before. It was an experience.

"Hi!!" They all chimed back smiling. A little too enthusiastically. The girl too my right dropped the leg she was stretching and patted me on the back.

"I am Mikaela." She smiled. "Dont be nervous. You'll be fine." She smiled. She opened her mouth to say something but before she had the chance a shrill whistle erupted from the other end of the court. The other girls began jogging towards the opposite base line where they stood to line up. The boys where down the other end of the line.

"As you can see we have a new member of our squad." A thin man with a shock of greying hair boomed out as her paced the baseline. He was tall and slightly bent over. He wore a coaches expression.

"This is Bailey. Go beat her up.' He grinned. I had trouble telling if he was serious or not but I smiled anyway.

"Ok boys pair up with a girl. Its shooting time. Whichever pair makes the most 3s in a minute does not have to run a penalty." He blew on the whistle again making me panic. I didnt know anyone. What was I going to do?! I walked forward. Most girls had already paired off. I saw Mikaela down the other end of the court with a tall dark haired boy. I was starting to panic when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Partner?" I turned around. Looking at me stood a tall boy. He was tall, close enough to 6 2". He had soft blonde hair that was quiffed up slightly at the front and the most gorgeous blue eyes I had ever seen.

"Sure." I replied cautiously.

He was the only person left standing on the base line. So he was the only option. He had a ball under his arm. He threw it too me hard, but easy enough to catch.

"The names Luke." He smiled as lead the way to the three point line.

"You any good at threes?' He asked as he turned and stole the ball out of my hands. He shot the ball and it sailed through the air swishing into the hoop. I would be lying if I said I wasn't impressed.

"I am alright." I replied as he threw me back the ball. I shot the ball and, it too swished in.

The rest of training went by pretty fast. Luke Hemmings as I soon learnt was really good. I was soon told he was in fact the captain of the team. Figures. He didn't seem too jerk like which was a plus. But, I was going to wait just to make sure. Sometimes the charmers are the worst. I have learnt this from experience. Their all kind and caring. Then, BAM. Bitchslapped right in the face. I am going to be careful around this Luke. This Luke Hemmings.

-------------------------

Thank for reading Vote share comment!!!!!

:D