Chapter 4:)

LUKE POV

I was slightly nervous as I carried my guitar and amplifier through the doors of The Lounge Cafe. Once I walked through the glass double doors the scent of coffee, eggs and bacon met my nose making my mouth water. It was a warm day and the sun was raining through the open windows of the cafe. I was wearing a Nirvana singlet top, shorts and thongs. Once I was over the door mat I pushed my ray bands onto the top of my head and took a look around.

I needed to talk to the manager. But first, I was craving a coffee.

I veered left into the area set up for us too play. Ashton's drum kit was already set up at the middle, back of the room. He must have dropped them off last night. I couldn't see him anywhere.

I set my guitar and amplifier down on the right side of Ashton's drums and zipped my wallet out of the front pocket of my black guitar case. My wallet was drowning in a sea of guitar picks buried at the bottom of the pocket. I grabbed the smooth black pouch out of my bag, zipped up the pocket and walked out of the room.

As I approached the order counter I froze in my tracks. Bailey was serving the table in front. She held a chocolate spider in her hand and was about to place the drink in front if a little red headed girl. She was wearing the staff attire, her blonde hair was done up in a messy bun with strands of hair falling out haberdashery around her face. My fingers itched with the need to tuck the strands behind her ears. It took a lot of self control not too. So I settled with a light tap on her shoulder. Her shoulders tensed in surprise as she whirled around to face me. As she did a small amount of chocolate spider slopped onto her black apron and down the edge of the glass, running onto her fingers.

"One coffee please." I said, too her surprised face with a smirk. A look of disgust passed across her greeny coloured eyes. "and make it quick. I have a gig soon." I continued just to annoy her even more. My words took immediate effect. Her brow pulled together and I could tell a snide remark was forming on her lips.

"Sorry, would you excuse me, I'm in the middle of something." She turned her back to me. She placed the drink in front of the little fiery headed girl apologising for the interruption.

She turned back towards the counter squeezing between me and a near by chair.

I followed her walking a couple of casual paces behind.

END POV

I turned and walked past Luke. I wasn't in the mood for his rubbish. Unfortunately for him he didn't pick up on the annoyance radiating from every bone in my body. He just didn't get it.

"What do you want?' I snapped turning to face him. I had my hands on my hips. I had obviously taken him off guard because he almost walked into me. Luke took a step back a light flush of pink crossed his cheeks or had I imagined it?

I hadn't stood this close to him before. Close, being less than a metre. Luke was really quite tall for 16, all arms and legs. He was lean, but not in an ugly way. He held himself with purpose. His sky blue eyes where full of apology and he had his arms up in surrender.

"Don't worry about it." He said as he turned his back to me and walked back the way he had come.

I felt bad for my sudden out burst, it was a spur of the moment reflex. I hadn't meant to sound as aggressive as I had. I watched him leave, disappearing into the outside courtyard that was set up for the band that was preforming. Suddenly, waves of realisation hit me in the face. Luke's words came floating back to me like a bad smell. "I've got a gig soon."

Was he in the band that was going to play today?

I abandoned my upcoming order weaving my way through the array of chairs and tables towards the area set up with the drum kit. Sure enough Luke was sitting on a bar chair, his light coloured acoustic guitar over his lap a microphone stand horizontal to his mouth. Sitting at the drums was the boy I recognised from school. Ashton, I think it was...... next to Ashton Calum was standing with a white bass guitar hooked into an amplifier.Next to Calum was Michael. Michael also had an acoustic guitar hanging over his shoulder. Michael, Calum and Luke all had microphones lined up to their mouths. A small crowd had started forming around four boys.

"Hi everyone."Luke said into his mic. His voice was slightly wavering.

"We're 5 Seconds of Summer" They all chimed, Ashton yelled over the microphones so his voice could be heard.

"Today's our first every gig." Ashton yelled excitedly into the crowd as he spun his drumsticks around his fingers. His slightly curly brown hair was fastened off his forehead with a blue bandana. A grin of excitement was etched into his face. Excitement bright in his brown eyes.

"So today we are going to start off with a new, original song." Calum spoke into his mic as he looked towards Ashton on the drums.

"It's called Out of my limit." Michael added.

Ashton tapped his drumsticks together and the rest of the boys began playing. Luke's strumming was so fast his fingers blurred together. I would be lying if I said I wasn't shocked.

My emotions rose too a whole different level when he began singing.

"Back in high school we used to take it slower....." His voice was strong and confident. He sounded amazing.

I had zoned out in shock. That was until the chorus rolled around.

"Your just a little bit out of my limit,

It's been two years now, you haven't even seen the best of me.

And in my mind now I've been over this a thousand times..." My eyes snapped back in focus just in time too see Luke looking directly at me. His eyes drilled into me like a sword as he sung the words.

"Your just a little bit out of my limit."

Was it just an illusion or had he been singing directly at me? A part of me began to break.

----------------------------

THANK GUYSSSS!!!!