Chapter 21 :)

"Wait you don't know where the bathroom is....." Luke laughed from behind me. I jumped in surprise at how quietly he had sneaked up behind me.

"Bitch." I laughed as I swung the clothes he had given me towards his face. Luke ducked just in time, the clothes just skimming his shoulder. A mellow, deep laughed erupted from his mouth as I continued to hit him with the clothes.

"Hey, hey, hey, calm down." Luke choked between laughs as I continued to hit him, a wicked grin stretched across my face.

"I show no mercy!!!" I yelled, which only caused Luke to laugh harder.

I swung the clothes again, only to have Luke grab hold of them firmly with both hands.

"No, No,No." I yelled as Luke began tugging the clothes towards him, bringing me closer. I refused to let go as Luke's smile only widened.

The light upstairs was dim and only a soft orange glow peaked round the corner of Luke's bedroom door. The shadows danced over his face turning the colour of his eyes into a captivating midnight blue. I narrowed my eyes but continued to stare at him as he continued to reel me closer to him by his trackie pants.

"What are you staring at?" Luke smirked as he rose an eyebrow.

I could feel warmth ignite in my cheeks as my brain fumbled around for witty words.

"Your lip ring." I let curiosity seep into my voice as I nodded in the direction of the black metal ring.

In response Luke yanked on the clothes separating us, the sudden movement caused my to fly forward and crash head first into his chest. I was now standing inches away from him, my eyes level with his shoulder. I tilted my head up so I could look him in the eyes.

"Did it hurt?" I asked trying to keep my voice even, I was having trouble keeping my emotions in check. My mind was running in over time trying to process how close we where standing together. Butterflies raced down my cold skin and my heart was beating like crazy.

Slowly, I reached up and cupped the side of Luke's face with one of my hands. I was so nervous. I'd never made the first move before. Ever.

I could feel his slightly damp hair brush against my fingertips, his hair was soft and his face was warm against my palm as he leaned into my touch. My thumb then gently touched the black ring in his lip, gently brushing the cool metal. I felt Luke shiver at the touch. I smiled inwardly, he looked so innocent and helpless.

"Not really." Luke murmured as he rested his forehead on mine, his hair falling into his eyes, brushing against my forehead.

Slowly, he brought his lips to mine for the second time tonight. The kiss was softer this time, not as desperate. I stretched onto my tippy toes and wrapped my arms around his neck, tangling my fingers in the hair on the nape of his neck. Luke trailed his hands down from my face and settled them on my waist. I felt like was about to float away and melt. Happiness overtook my body in waves and fire burned in the pit of my stomach. I smiled against Luke's mouth as his tongue brushed my lips.

"Oh my god Luke how can she even be standing there that close to you?!?! Ewwww she actually wanted your tongue in her mouth. Girl, what have you been smoking?!" A voice groaned from the direction of the stairs.

A second voice erupted into peels of laughter as Luke and I jumped back from each other. A different kind of heat burned my cheeks, anger mixed with embarrassment.

"Shut up." Luke growled as he clenched his hands into fists. His eyes shot daggers in the direction of his two brothers.

"Ohhhhhh chill out macho man no need to get all alpha protective." James snickered, arms raised in surrender an ugly smirk danced across his face.