Chapter 9:)

His voice sounded truly sorry and my heart squeezed in pain as I hung up the phone. The guilt was replaced with a feeling I couldn't quite put my finger on..... happiness or self confidence? This experience made me wonder how many times exactly the star Luke Hemmings had been rejected by girls.

Uhh!!! I sighed as I flopped onto my bed surrounding my body in red and blue pillows. My head swam in thought as the minutes slowly ticked bye. My phone lay screen down beside me. I had no intention what so ever in picking it up. I rolled over to check the time. My eyes found themselves staring at the guitar pick Luke had given to me at the gig on saturday. I studied the neat, beautiful scroll of how words, Start Over?That was a big mistake, the action made all the thoughts and images start up again. My subconscious began playing their original song Out of My Limit and I could practically hear Ashton playing his drums. The image of Luke singing directly too me burning into my closed eyelids.

Why? Why? The question floated around in my head as I slowly felt myself fall asleep.

Mikaela POV:

Once I was home I literally couldn't stop thinking about what had happened at the game. Bailey must be feeling so confused. I trudged into an empty house. There was a note sitting on the kitchen table from Mum.

Hi Mik, Dinner is in the fridge we will be back by 11xx

I smiled and sighed as I grabbed the left over pizza out of the fridge and put my house keys back into the fruit bowl where I kept them. I lived within a 10 minute walk from school. So that was convenient. Slowly, I watched the pizza re heat itself in the microwave. The smell slowly wafted towards my nose. My stomach growled as I carried the food up to my room. By up I mean only three stairs. Our house was single story and only 3 or 4 steps distinguished each level so not much effort was needed to travel around the place. I let my two dogs in from outside as I continued into my room. Bree and Tilly, my two white West Highland terriers, yapped and bit my ankles in greeting their tails wagging with excitement. I closed my bedroom door and set my Pizza plate on my bedside table. I turned on my TV and let the soft voices of How I Met Your Mother fill in the lonely silence. I zoned out the conversations between the characters as I got ready to go to bed. I pulled on a pair of Pyjamas and threw on a black, baggy dancing hoodie. I slipped beneath the covers of my doona and started eating my pizza. However, I couldn't focus on the TV, my thoughts constantly wandered back to Bailey and the look on her face. I couldn't read the expression, hurt? Confusion? I don't know. Luke and her weren't exactly together but it was more then obvious he liked her, a lot. I didn't know weather he did it to purposely piss her off. He could have......possibly. Pretty much every girl at school wanted to go out with him. Luke, more often enough had a girlfriend. Some, blonde bitch of a girl that used him for his pretty blue eyes and blonde hair.

I finished my last piece of pizza as the credits began to roll up onto the TV screen. I decided to switch it off and check my phone. I set my plate on the ground beside my door and reached over to where my phone was sitting on my beside. I had 3 unread messages.

Two from Ashton and One from Bailey

from: BaiXx

Did you see Luke's biggest fan?! :/

from: Ash:)

Hey, did you see what Luke did?! How's Bai going?!

from:Ash:)

Want to invite her over or something? Girl time might be the best......

Ashton was so sweet. My heart fluttered a little at the thought. I had had a crush on the hazel eyed, dirty blonde, dimpled boy for god knows how long now. But I'm a romantic and a strong believer that the guy should always make the first move. Stef teases me about it everyday with comments like "It's the 21st century....etc etc".