31; court

Shiloh Paige
______________

"Kevin Marshall is found not guilty in the murder attempt on Luna Shiloh Paige."

Gasps erupted the silence.

"Are you serious?!" August screamed across the courtroom of pack members , which caused his voice to bounce off the walls. Veins on his tan neck started to poke out which looked like small rivers of water. His brown eyes filled with flames of anger and clenched his fist.

"How can this be possible." I whispered from the back of the courtroom, my eyes filled with tears as I looked at the judge hoping he made a mistake. How?

"Not guilty." I whispered in shock.

Kevin Marshall, the police officer who almost killed me sat in the chair at the council's table. A smirk was formed with his thin lips and he turned around and looked me in the eyes.

Those cold eyes.

Lea squeezed my hand gently and flipped him off with the other hand. She mouthed something to him making his eyes widen and spun back around. "That's what I thought."

"Your honor how is this possible?!"  My lawyer, Mrs. Clayton calmly said.

"The evidence doesn't lie." The judge replied while closing her folder of paper work.
"Case closed."

"Shiloh come on wake up, we are here at the court house." August said turning the car off.

I groggily opened my eyes and looked to my left to see him staring at me. He started at me blankly before sticking his tongue out at me making me laugh and hit his shoulder.

"Come on we are going to be late." I smiled opening the car door and got out.

___________

There he was, Kevin Marshall.

The man who shot me.

He was a police officer,
his job was to protect me.

He did the complete opposite.

3 months ago he almost ended my life.

"Hello Luna." He smiled at me and stuck his hand out at me. How could he smile at me.

"Do you think we are friends all the sudden? You almost killed me. I rather talk to you but we are separated by metal bars." I simply said sitting in my chair in the back of the courtroom next to August and Lea.

He put his arm around my shoulders and kissed my cheek, "Are you ready?"

"Yeah."

"That's good."

The man loudly spoke, "All rise for the honorable judge beck." An older man walked into the court room with a long baggy black robe.

"You may sit." He said letting us all take our seats. Soon the trial started, I almost fell asleep again until my lawyer said, "your honor I'd like to call the next witness, Shiloh Paige."