>Prologue

•••This is a recap of memories from Florence's life. This prologue isn't necessary to read but it will give you more of an understanding.•••

       She pulled out the letter protected by a creme envelope with a red wax stamp. With one parent over each shoulder she read it over carefully. And with a smile as wide as the ocean she exclaimed, "My Hogwarts letter is here!"
                             •••
        "Mom, why are we on the plane to leave Scotland and the puppy behind?"
        "It's for the best...no more questions sweetie," Florence's mom said with a weak smile.
                              •••
        Charlotte and Terrance, with tears running their cheeks, looked on to see there child sleeping peacefully in her bed. Charlotte said to her husband, "Terr just do it quickly." Terrance look at her, blinked, and with his wand pointed at the small child, whispered,"Obliviate." The child stirred and exhaled in deep slumber.
                               •••
        "Florence, honey..." Valeri said with a somber face.

"Valeri, I'm 15 not 5!" this only made Valeri cry harder, "Your parents have passed away in a car crash."

Florence looked at her and softly said, "what?"

"Your par...."

"no no no NO!" Florence was now a sobbing heap on the floor yelling. Valeri crouched down and moved the girl's hair out of her face.
                               •••
        Charlotte and Terrance's bodies were side by side in two simple caskets in front of their daughters seat. Valeri was beside Florence with one arm around the sobbing girl. The pews were empty behind them aside from an elderly woman in the back with a rosary wrapped around her frail hand.
                               •••
         Florence was cleaning the motel toilet after coming home from the public high school wondering when the pain would cease.
                                •••

           Florence walked down the hall in the t-shirt and stained jeans she wore many times with her textbooks hugged tightly to her chest

           Florence walked down the hall in the t-shirt and stained jeans she wore many times with her textbooks hugged tightly to her chest. Many looked disgusted that she was in their presence while others snickered behind her.
                                •••
        Florence stood in the grass gazing at her old house for a while until she couldn't contain her excitement to see Valeri after years. She knocked and the door swiftly opened and her old neighbor froze and then screamed, "Florence, oh my god!!!!!!! Where have you been, I missed you, you can't just leave..." Florence then hugged so hard but Valeri didn't care and they stood like that for what felt like forever.
                                 •••
         Florence picked out her "first day of college" outfit and hurried down to where Valeri was cooking breakfast.
                                 •••
         She fidgeted throughout the entire graduation.
                                  •••
        "Congratulations Florence Helen, we welcome you to work as an EMT at Regions Hospital in Urgent Care if you except." The man said walking over to the woman. Florence beamed and outstretched her hand for him to shake.