Chapter 19

Professor Snape had been out for classes, and so everyone had a sub for Potions. Florence's lessons had been paused for 3 days. She wasn't gonna lie and pretend she didn't already miss him. Minerva borrowed her to assist with the 1st years troubles. She also continued attending her lessons in the Hospital. Tomorrow Snape would supposedly be back. The woman knew it'd be awkward.

•••
The next evening it was 7 so Florence jitterish-ly wandered down.

*knock knock*

After a bit he rudely called,

"I don't assist students at night."

Florence rolled her eyes.

"Professor, it's Florence."

There was a minuscule pause before the heavy wooden door was jerked open. The frazzled women almost fell through the door frame. There was Snape looking as "happy" as ever. Of course the first thing, she was trained to notice, was his paler face. The witch desperately wanted to ask, How are you? But she wasn't dumb. I mean who would ever ask Snape that question. He'd most definitely hex me. So she just stood glued to her place.

     "So you're just gonna stand there," the wizard said dryly.

Florence felt stupid. She followed the same-aged man to his office. Neither of them made a point to mention the events of the other night. The picked up, just where they left of, as if nothing ever happened.....as if Florence hadn't used magical powers to heal a wounded Snape. That was the definition of their "relationship." 
      The witch learned about more dark curses and when to use them. After they finished she crammed her belongings into the small bag and slid it over her shoulder. The woman made a point of heading for the door. As they got further away from each other, each one was waiting for the other to bring up what had happened that night. Florence wanted to know what he was doing while Severus desperately needed to ask her about the healing powers.
      Just before she opened the door, he realized she wasn't gonna say anything and that if he wanted to know he'd have to speak,

      "Wait."

Florence smirked to herself. But quickly slid in to ask her question first.

      "Tell me what the HELL you were doing," she demanded suddenly.

He was caught off guard.

      "You know," he started dryly, "I don't think that's any of your business."

She should've known he wasn't allowed to answer question about being a double-agent. Florence just wanted to keep him from being able to go. She really worried about him ever since she found out he was visiting the dark side.
      Snape asked the question about her healing magic and the witch, embarrassingly, proceeded to explain about her history, parents, why she'd come here, and why she was probably wanted. The wizard, her age, was of course in utter shock.
     Snape still was skeptical if he'd dreamt everything up, so he summoned,

     "Accio knife."

The witch didn't like were this was going. The crazy man then grasped the sharp object. He pierced his palm and slid down an inch. His face squinted in discomfort.

      "Nooo, stop," Florence begged as soon as she realized what he was doing.

She rushed over to look at his hand. Just before she got there he pulled it back. She looked at him in frustration.

     "Show me," he forced out.

She looked at him, an annoyed look sketched on her features.