Chapter 7

It was now early June and also the last day of school for the students. Florence on the other hand planned to stay for the summer to keep catching up and she was fairly close too.
                                   •••
The witch yawned inbetween the warm covers with outstretched arms. Florence finally convinced herself to get up and pee. She did just that and dressed in a patterned top with black leggings.

On her way out the door Basil cooed looking for attention

      "Silly owl..."

Florence sang sweetly as she walked over to the winged creature. After letting him fly out to window she stepped into the main room. Per usual the wise witch was prepping coffee and humming. Without even looking up from what she was doing Professor McGonagall greeted the other woman.

       "Good morning Florence ready for your finals?"

       "Mornin'. Nott particularly, no."

The professor chuckled. They sat down after that and McGonagall handed her the Transfiguration final. Florence started in. After she was finished she handed the parchment to her professor who graded with the aid of magic. Florence was handed it back and she looked at the score and squealed,

"Oh my gosh! YESS!"

"Congratulations Miss. Helens," her teacher casually stated as if she knew all along Florence would pass with flying colors.

        The 29 year old recalled she'd now be moving into 5th year material. Seeing that they had only a few minutes they walked to breakfast, talking as if they were long lost besties. On there way they passed Professor Snape. Florence was in a great mood and she said curtly,

      "Morning professor."

      "Severus..," Minerva chimed in with a nod.

Snape raised his eyebrow feeling slightly overpowered by the two seemingly suspicious women. The older witch daringly questioned,

     "Why so salty Severus?"

     "Seeing that it is none of your business I have no comment."

Florence laughed quietly in the background. Snape whipped his hair around to give her a dirty look. The two walked past, leaving him in his mood. Eventually McGonagall split from Florence to head to the main table.
       After eating and reviewing material for her charms final, she walked to Flitwick's class. Florence breathed on her way there, trying not to remind herself that she needed to pass so she won't have to take charms anymore. She arrived and sat in the back like normal. After the test was passed out she read it over and carefully selected and wrote. After everyone had finished Professor Flitwick called names to come and retrieve their grades.

"Florence Helens," and as soon as she walked to him he whispered, "it was honestly a pleasure teaching you congratulations."

        She thanked him and peeked at her grade on the way back to her seat. She was relieved.
After lunch the witch wandered up to the divination's tower. She stepped into the classroom and inhaled the familiar scent of pine trees and sugar.