Chapter 18

Florence sealed the parchment with a purple wax stamp.  She smiled, happy with its contents. The witch handed the letter to Basil, who picked it up in his beak.

     "Bring to Valeri."

      The letter was basically a catch up of what had been going on recently. The young lady missed Valeri so much. Valeri had been highly concerned after finding out Florence had lost Gabriel and not to mention Florence's capture. She swore to the young witch that she'd promised to keep her safe and was going to do that by pulling her from Hogwarts. Thankfully Dumbledore had calmed Valeri down. Florence had visited her to talk in person right before school started up again. Of course Valeri had a sob-fest. Florence smiled just thinking of Valeri. She got up, bid Basil a good flight, and wandered off to get dressed for the day.
The witch slipped on a white muggle shirt and boot-cut jeans, seeing as she only had private lessons and no classes with other student. Her hair had a mind of its own and she didn't resist. It felt like a no makeup kind-of day.

     Florence came over and set down a plate in front of Minerva and pulled out a chair for herself

     Florence came over and set down a plate in front of Minerva and pulled out a chair for herself. They ate and read The Daily Prophet.

     "It is wonderful, my dear," the older witch validated.

      "Thanks."

After breakfast it was already 6:30 and so they began the 7th year transfiguration lesson. The women couldn't believe how far they had covered in only a year!
       After the lesson, came assisting Madam Pomfrey following lunch and lastly Defense Against the Dark Arts with Professor Snape.
       Florence walked into the main hall and her eyes automatically began to shift to the teachers table. Snape, however, was absent from his spot. McGonagall seemed to have noticed too.
     The young witch found her usual spot at the Hufflepuff bench. She sat down and conversed with a couple of cute, new first years. They were very sweet and their energy, she found inspiring. Throughout lunch whispers could be heard about Professor Snape not being at his lessons, and how a sub had been called into the Potions position. Her mind began to churn. I mean Severus was her age and he could obviously take care of himself, but still it was unlike him to just not to show up all together.

•••
      It was good to be helping in the Hospital Wing, again. Florence enjoyed being back in the medical realm. It was in her nature to want to assist others. She cured a few broken ribs and helped a small Slytherin girl with a case of measles.
       After that she visited Minerva, who was in her off time.

       "Is there any chance you know where Professor Snape is?" the young witch tried to ask without sounding like she actually cared.

There was a pause of silence before the professor smiled strangely.

      "Florence, dear, how do I put this..." the woman spoke, "I'm sure you're able to conceal certain things, however your strong endearment to Professor Snape is not one of them."