Chapter 2

It had been close to 3 years since Florence had uncovered the letters that would forever change her. She continued to work as a paramedic only now she was much more experienced therefore more respected. Both of her parents had been nurses so of course she took after them. Florence was a fast learner and she was a natural as her professors and then coworkers put it. Florence loved helping people and she enjoyed being under pressure in fact she performed better under it. Despite things going smooth the woman was looking for more. She needed more meaning in life for her to be content. She felt her talent wasn't being fully put to use. This led Florence to be constantly thinking about Hogwarts and contacting Albus Dumbledore.
•••
It was a late afternoon in November where Valeri, Florence, and new to the family was Petunia, the 3 legged rescue pit bull could be found reading books about philosophy and human behavior. It wouldn't of been Florence's first choice until Valeri practically forced her to read them. They shared the small teal couch and a glass of zucchini smoothie. Valeri had been vegan ever since Florence could remember and when Florence came home Valeri invited her to live in the tiny house. Now that being said Valeri's eating habits quickly became Florence's and her minimalistic life style was adapted by the girl. So Florence too was vegan which made it easy so they could share the same food.
After hours of reading the sky turned a vibrant orange and the snow decorated mountain looked majestic. Valeri stretch her legs. Petunia was skittish still and so she reacted with a hoarse cry mixed with a bark and then promptly sneezed on Florence.

"Hey what was that for?!" Florence jokingly complained.

And to this Petunia responded with the famous doggy head-tilt. Valeri looked suspiciously amused. The older woman offered to make food and so Florence took this as an opportunity to write to the headmaster of Hogwarts. She sat at the tiny desk with the letter her parents wrote along with her supposed invitation to the magic school. She started of with introducing herself, next she explained her backstory and current situation, then she asked if he could explain more about the school, lastly she expressed her thanks for his time. After putting the finished product in the envelope she slid in her Hogwarts letter for proof in case he didn't believe her. She put it in the mail box for the mail woman to grab and hoped for the best. She thought she'd heard the coo of an owl followed by the flapping of wings but she was starving.
•••
____________________________
Dear Miss. Helens,
I've been so incredibly busy so I have to apologize for making you wait. I was pleasantly surprised to acquire you letter. First let me say I was crestfallen to hear of the passing of Charlotte and Terrance. To answer your questions I DO remember you and of course your parents, such caring people. I also need no proof that you are a witch. Congratulations on finishing college and going on to work as a paramedic. There needs to be more people in the world with your heart! Instead of attempting to describe Hogwarts, because trust me you'll be lost and it would be selfishly exhausting to write, I am inviting you to visit and if you are interested in learning more you are most welcome to stay and take lessons. Hogwarts would be blessed to have you. Hope you have a niffler-free Holiday.
Humbly,
Professor A. Dumbledore

P.S. say hello to Valeri for me
P.S. #2 don't mind Aria, as she isn't quite lavatory-trained
____________________________

Florence read the letter a few times before looking at Aria the owl that supposedly carried this letter from a different continent. The man was quirky and original and she felt creeped out to know that he knew of her attendance at college. However she couldn't wait to meet him and the school. She was an explosion of feelings excited, nervous, bittersweet, and most of all complete confusion. If she really wanted to go how would she tell her only living friend and mother figure?! How would she get to Hogwarts? What if this was all a terrible prank. And most of all what would happen if the person or thing that killed her parents was waiting there to kill her too? At the same time Florence had waited almost 3 years to ponder the idea and it seemed that the moment was now. Florence spoke softly to the wide eyed owl about her worries and the owl seemed to contently listen. Then the woman swiftly pulled out parchment and a gel pen and responded to the unique headmaster. She accepted his invitation to visit and if she likes it she'd just stay. She also asked if there was anything she needed to bring. Then she called out,