Chapter 6

(1 month later)
        Florence knocked hard on the solid wood door standing in front of it with a hand on her hip. She was feeling edgy for no particular reason. The door flung open revealing the man of whom appeared unhappy. As soon as he laid eyes on her he rose his eyebrows. Florence remembered her outfit and connected the dots. She wore a strapless crop top and a pair of old blue jeans. A little different that what she usually wore. Suddenly she felt uncomfortable as he scanned her. She stared back hard into those enchanting eyes.

        "I'm fed up with your little outfits," Snape said disgustingly, "I allow you to wear muggle clothes instead of robes and that is what you choose!"

       "You allow me? Dumbledore allowed me. Why are you always talking down to me? And second of all what is your problem with it? Can't I wear what I choose as long as I'm not walking around in my bra and underwear?"

She thought maybe she saw him blush slightly, but what she knew for sure was that if he was unhappy before he was 5x that now. However she couldn't restrain herself yet again! She held her own with her chest puffed out. Snape spoke rather rudely,

"At least I'm not daddy's spoiled little girl, who was given everything she ever dreamed of."

"How DARE you," the woman said deathly quiet, "are you that unhappy of a person that you insult people you know nothing of?"

"Feisty li..."

Before the professor could get 2 words out Florence continued,

"I lived on my own for years cleaning bathrooms and making beds. My parents are fucking dead! And I..." then her tongue was stuck to the roof of her mouth and she looked directly at Snape's concentrated face.  He appeared to be squinting as if he was talking in his head.

She slammed her textbooks on the desk nearby and turned around and before she knew it she was walking down the halls out of breath. Trying to pry her tongue out if it's position.
•••
Florence awoke the next morning quickly remembering what had happened last evening. She got dressed and headed out of her room. Professor McGonagall was smiling at the sleepy head. Florence was jealous of how she always seemed to love the early mornings and how the woman was able to be happy every day. Wouldn't it be tiring? The young witch snapped out of her thoughts and sat next to her beloved professor on the couch. Florence had really grown close to the woman and she respected her immensely. She now studied 4th year transfiguration material since the girl had really excelled beyond what was expected.
She headed off to lunch hoping not to run into the one wizard in the castle whom she did not want to see. She honestly felt slightly bad for not keeping her cool; it was just that she thought she wouldn't have to think about her childhood whilst at Hogwarts.
Much to her appreciation she never did see the professor. She sat down at the far end of the Hufflepuff table.
Florence was able to eat in peace until she suddenly felt a burning on her face that only one pair of eyes could give. Sure enough she looked up to see Snape's eyes on her looking intrigued until he realized she had met his eyes. Then he glared hard. He had some NERVE! Florence thought. She ignored him, though, trying not to give him the satisfaction. Florence went back to reading, although she could not get the professor's image out of her mind. She felt entranced by his persona.
After she completed her Charms lesson, the witch wandered off to lunch followed by divination. Professor Trelawney was just as strange as usual. After that she worked on a girl needing skel-e-grow. Madam Pomfrey let her handle it trusting her while she tended to a group of students who'd gotten themselves in a fight.
•••
It was almost time to head to DADA and Florence was bloody dreading it. Snape had truly upset her and she knew he wasn't sorry about it. Florence was astonished when she figured out he had glued her tongue.
She arrived 10 minutes late; disgusted with herself because she didn't care about being professional around Hogwarts and especially Professor Snape. She did feel able to loosen up around him except when the 2 of them got into petty arguments.
Florence waited until he opened the door and she waited for him to talk first figuring out if he was still holding a grudge.