Chapter 10

Florence read her clock and decided to roll out of bed. It was an early Sunday morning and she and the other witch had planned to do something together.
The witch undressed from her PJ's and took a look in the mirror at her pregnant belly. She had begun to accept the turn of events in her life. After all she didn't mind newborns, it was just the issue of her not being with anyone and of who the baby's father was. A soft tee shirt with sweats felt like a good choice of apparel. She didn't bother concealing her bulge because it was only her and the professor.
As per usual McGonagall was up and making breakfast.

"Mornin' " Florence croaked out.

"Good morning."

The young woman walked over to help with food. McGonagall protested, however,

"Nope, I won't have it. Sit down and take it easy."

Florence tried to insist but the professor wouldn't listen. So she shamefully sat on the couch. Her hand automatically went to her stomach. Suddenly she felt a movement in the inside. Florence places her hand on the surface of her belly and felt it a second time.

"Professor I think baby's kicking?!"

The older witch dropped what she was stirring and rushed over to the couch. Florence grabbed the woman's wrist and placed it on the spot. Nothing.
And then a kick. Professor McGonagall smiled warmly and Florence was grinning at the other witch's excitement.

"Merlin, the baby......, " McGonagall was at a loss for words.

Florence finished her sentence,

"is real..."

Realization swept over them that this was actually happening.
•••
An owl swept down and landed on the breakfast table. It was addressed to one "Florence Re Helens." So the witch opened the sealed corners and unfolded the parchment.

Turn yourself in otherwise
your own flesh and blood
won't make it.

Florence paled and a rush of heat overcame her. She protectively wrapped her arms around her dialated belly. She handed the note to the other witch who studied it hard. McGonagall was on edge. They decided to take a walk around the grounds to get their minds off of the strange note. Plus Florence hoped the baby would settle down on the stroll. The professor was unsure it was a good idea for the young witch's health but Florence assured her it was alright. 
         "So I don't need to conceal the baby, because Professors Snape and Dumbledore are gone for the weekend?" Florence asked again.

        "According to them they had 'ministry business' so you should be fine but it's up to you," the older witch responded.

      They left through the south doors and headed down the path. The air was light and the sun was crisp mid afternoon. Green trees decorated the grounds and flowers had popped up randomly.
       They chatted about numerous things, number one, obviously the bean in Florence's womb. They also talked about school, former jobs, Valeri, McGonagall's former students, and many others.
        They arrived at the shore of the black lake and the water was shallow and clear. A slight breeze graced the air and the lake sparkled with the sun.

       "Professor..."

       "Florence, I can't keep having you address me formally when I don't, plus we live together and we are at the black lake for Merlin's sake call me Minerva!"