Chapter 11

It was late June and the sun had continued to shine through the summer. Florence really only saw Minerva, Snape, and occasionally the headmaster. No one else in there right mind stayed at the school over the warm months.
                                       •••

       "Now watch carefully when I transfigure the chair into a bag so that you'll be able to practice it too."

Florence nodded and watched, unbeknownst to her, she was rubbing her belly. McGonagall pointed her wand and said the spell. After it was finished the student attempted,

     "...1...2...3...PIORTEM..."

      "Nicely done Helens!"

Florence smiled appreciative that the subject came easily enough to her. They flipped through the 5th year text book and practiced some more.
       After successfully finishing the daily lesson the witch wandered to the dungeons in no hurry. It had been fairly awkward after the abrupt discovery Snape had that Florence was with child. She decided not to keep concealing her bulge just because it was work. Plus Florence felt it helped her come to the realization that she was about to become a mother. Snape ignored 'Bean' as the witch dubbed her unborn.
        She knocked and waited. She heard clatters and a couple of bangs before the door was yanked open.

        "Professor Snape," she acknowledged

        "Ms. Helens sit down and open up to lesson 12," he said less edge on his deep voice than what used to be.
         "We'll start with Dark Arts first. Read all of lesson 12 and tell me when you're done."

Florence hated to bring up the subject again but she had to ask him.

"And....um...please don't tell anyone about the baby..."

Snape turned around confused to say,

"What...and you plan on hiding it forever, because last time I checked..."

The witch cut him off before he could finish the rest of his sarcastic comment,

"I just don't want people knowing, OK?"

The wizard replaced his blank face with a glaring smirk.

"It always consoling to know you don't consider me human," he drawled out.

That stubborn man. She knew he was being annoying but still she hadn't really meant it to come out that way. Besides she wanted to cry every time he made a comment about her not liking him. If only she could just buck up and have the courage to tell him how her heart really felt.
Letting the subject drop, the woman dove into the textbook. The professor walked away into what she guessed could be a supply closet. Florence read away. She learned about many dark curses and their particular cures. Florence finished and rested her head on her arms and fell asleep from fatigue caused by Bean.
                                       •••
       She heard the shuffling of feet and klinks of jars. Her eyes fluttered open and focused on her surroundings. 'Crap... Snape's classroom'  She sat up and yawned. Snape was quietly grading papers at his desk paying no attention to the witch. She was curious if it was on purpose or if he actually was in his own world.
And as if on cue the sultry voice hung in the air,

       "Good evening Ms. Helens"

He hadn't even lifted his head.

       "Evening?" she croaked out.

         "Seeing as it is 5:13."

         "You didn't wake me up though?"

Now Snape looked up, and then he casually said,

        "You're sleeping for two," as if he always talked that way.

Florence wanted to scream Who are you and where'd you put Snape?!

          "What?" she questioned in surprised.

           "Last time I heard you were pregnant," he said sarcastically.

Florence loved the way 'pregnant' just rolled off his tongue. She rolled her eyes at his recent comment. Snape swiftly went over the potions lesson for the day and she threw her stuff into a bag. She began to head for the door.

       "Goodnight Ms. He..."

She cut him off.

        "For goodness sakes we're the same age! Florence, just call me Florence."

To her startlement he responded with,

       "Good evening, Florence."

She smirked.

       "You too Professor."

                                     •••
Florence walked on her slightly swollen ankles. She spoke the password. The door creaked open. The smell of curry drifted to her nostrils.

       "It smells amazing," she commented as her stomach yearned for food.

She had missed lunch for a good rest in Snape's classroom.

        "Why thank you dear, I'm experimenting with a new recipe that's supposedly good for..."

      "I know, I know expecting mothers."

McGonagall smiled. They ate the spicy feast and afterwards Florence convinced Minerva to let her take care of the dishes.
                                        •••

      "Chocolate frogs"

The big door opened revealing the griffin statue. She slowly wobbled up the stairs rubbing her bulge. She opened the second pair of doors.

       "Hello Headmaster"

        "Florence, oh and..." he stopped, noticing it wasn't just her.

The witch helped him out,

         "We call him/her 'Bean' "

         "Well congratulations on Bean, although I must admit I didn't know you were pregnant."

        "Don't worry about it, because that's my reason for this visit, precisely to tell you I'm pregnant."

She said anti-climatically.

      "Well again a congratulations is in order."

Dumbledore smiled at the young witch.

         "Just so you're not surprised that there isn't a man in the picture," she continued on no longer ashamed, "the father is the man who abused me."

She brutally fought back tears. Unsuccessful. The old wizard got up and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. She smiled through her tears.

        "My dear if there is anything me or Minerva can do for you don't be afraid to ask."

        "Thanks, Professor McGonagall has been incredibly supportive and kind! Don't worry I'll ask if there is something."

***What have you guys been thinking of the pictures in all the chapters? Too many?