Chapter 4

Florence had excelled in her classes due to her hard work, dedicated professors, and her looooong lessons. It had been around 3 months since she'd arrived at Hogwarts. She'd turned 28 in March. McGonagall was as kind as ever. Florence had mailed Valeri putting Basil, her owl, to good use. Not including her teachers, Basil was her closest friend and at the moment Florence was OK with that.
•••
Florence was in the library after she had finished her lunch as per usual during all of her breaks. The bell sounded and she gathered her stuff scattered all over the abandoned table and headed out the door. The woman was preoccupied pondering why the hall was empty when she ran into the sculpture in the middle of the hallway hitting her head on the sharp corner. A sharp cutting pain shocked her brain and went to her toes. She couldn't control the pain as she brought her hand to her throbbing head,

"fuck"

It was made clear she had company when a certain professor's voice sounded behind her,

"Language Ms. Helens..."

Florence whipped her head around causing her to get a mild headache. Snape was there looking as annoyed as ever.

"Since when do you give a shi........t"

Before Florence realized what she had said, it was too late. He had walked straight up to her until he was inches from her aching face. His features were struck with anger. A vein in his temple threatened to burst. Florence had no clue why this put him on edge. As far as she was concerned he had to of sworn multiple times.

"I am warning you," the professor said between gritted teeth, "I don't ever want to hear you or of you speak like that again.."

"Why would you care?"

Snape ignored her comment and left, cloak billowing behind him. Florence could still feel his breath on her face as she headed to her class.
•••
It was late evening and the woman had knocked on Snape's door once already. After she had waited and waited the witch knocked again and it jerked opened and she could her her professor muttering something about "inpatient little girls."
She took a seat in is office as usual. Florence could tell he was in a particularly bad mood, not that she was surprised at all. He rambled on and on about the dark arts and how to defend yourself but she had zoned out. Unbeknownst to her she had been staring at him for the past 10 or so minutes, intrigued by his what everyone called "greasy" shoulder length black hair. And his eyes let's just say she may or may not have gotten lost in them a couple of times already. He had the sexiest voice on the planet.

"Do you need to take a visit to Madam Pomfrey?"

Florence blinked and realized that the silky voice could only be talking to her.

"oh.....uh......no, thanks I'm just tired. Yeah really tired."

Snape cocked an eyebrow and Florence tried to pull herself back together, so she sat up straighter. He reached out and without a word said handed her a different text book. Florence grabbed it and accidentally grazed over his hand. She didn't dare look up because she felt her face hotten and she kept her head tilted down.

"Since you can't bloody pay attention for some reason you will read the next 4 chapters on your own, that is if you are capable of reading, of course?" he smirked rudely.

Florence wanted to smack the man even though she had just been daydreaming about him. She read in silent until it was time for them to move on to potions.
•••

"Goodnight professor," she said mustering up as much volume as she had.

Snape looked up from his papers and glared at her. Florence smiled slightly hurrying out the door after reading the clock saying it was past 10. She got only a few steps when she felt a strong hand cover her mouth. Florence jumped so much and once she realized she was being grabbed she tried to scream. Another arm wrapped around her stomach tightly as the stranger picked her up. She attempted to break free flailing and kicking yet it was absolutely no use.