Chapter 20

The main thought that pounded through her mind was, can I not get away from the blasted man?!

     "Why are you here?" Florence asked a bit more rude than intended.

He simply sneered down at her.  Wait is this....his..house? A hot discomforting feeling washed down her. Holy shit I'm staying in Snape's house?!
He silently lead her to where she'd sleep. The man's house radiated a lonely feel. It was no larger than Minerva's quarters, in fact it was rather small. A massive bookshelf became one with the wall in the living area. Faded books clothed it and one couch and a chair were placed near it. There was a small window and a lamp, barely making a difference. Off to the left a small kitchen, that consisted of a counter, with two chairs, a stove, and a muggle fridge, filled the space.
Florence followed the man, ahead, to where a narrow hallway shared 3 door openings. The first door to the left seemed to be a bathroom and the first door on the right was closed, it must've been Snape's bedroom. Because the last opening, on the left, was now hers.

"Make....yourself....at....home," you could tell he'd been wrestling with himself as to whether to say it.

She mumbled a "thanks" before walking in and setting her bags in the middle of the floor. He stormed off.
     Florence sat down on the edge of the bed. The space held the bed, a drawered-chest, and a rug. That was it.
      The woman's feet kept contact with the ground and her eyes, the wall. She was already missing Hogwarts and Minerva. She was also a bit scared about being hunted down. And most especially she didn't want anyone else to be in harm's way because of her.
      The witch also didn't want to be in the wizard's hair. She did not like the situation as much as he didn't. The last thing she wanted was for Severus to bottle more hatred towards her.
       Florence sat there for quite some time, drifting through thought just to kill the time. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a movement and looked up. He was standing there emotionless. The woman had kept her door open and she didn't even hear him coming. He must make a fantastic spy she couldn't help but imagine.

      "Yeah?" she asked.

It wasn't natural for Severus to ask things in a pleasant tone, so when he spoke it came out as sort of a growl, "do you need anything to...eat?"

She misinterpreted it and gave him a glare.

"I'm fine....thanks," she snarled.

He frowned inwardly, wondering why she acted that way, before leaving the witch in her thoughts again.

After pondering for awhile, Florence realized he had tried to reach out to her. Wow Florence Helens way to snap at him after he tried to make a bid. No wonder you have no friends. She commented sarcastically.

•••
The woman had been putting off having to use his bathroom for quite some time now. Her bladder couldn't hold on any longer and she fast walked to her destination. Awkwardly, she shut the door. To lock; or not to lock? The argument pounded through her. She locked.
After relieving her bodily function she walked out and almost ran into the host. They didn't glare at each other, which was an improvement! That did not mean it wasn't incredibly awkward, though.

"Dinner is prepped."

She gave him a confused look, because she had specifically made it clear she "wasn't" hungry.
He sarcastically responded to her facial gesture,