Chapter 17

This chapter is dedicated to lilokaimana for the many comments and votes, thanks much!
•••

      Snape paced the office as Florence sat in his chair in his desk, reading lesson material. The wizard wore a scowl on his face as he searched for the lost ingredient.

      "I have to go find beetle shells in the storage closet. Can I trust you to study here?"

      "Of course....S..," Florence trailed off almost saying his name.

The man turned his heel and headed out the door, his cape swirling the air around the witch's bare skin. She sighed as her eyes wanted to roll into the back of her head at the sound of his rich voice.
      His office, connected to the classroom, was small-medium sized and tan stone lined its borders. Ingredients spotted the shelves and a sturdy oak desk was plopped center. The witch admired the brass chandelier above her head, that held many candles.
     Florence was anxious for him to come back because she was dying to have a non-school conversation with the man. What would kill time? she thought. The impatient woman got up and wandered around, admiring the way Snape kept his area in a sort of clean-mess.
    She childishly plopped herself back in his chair and grasped the brass handle of the man's desk drawer. Her fingers played with the dents carved into the gold metal. And out of nowhere the drawer opened, punching her knuckles. She cradled her arm to her chest.
    Florence caught sight of a picture laying in the outstretched drawer. She leaned closer to study the photograph: a woman, with blazing red hair and a gentle face was laughing. She was tall and confident. Her smile was contagious, even through a moving image. But all emotion was swiftly erased from Florence's face. Why would Severus Snape have a photo of a woman in his desk? Holy crap...is he dating.....or even worse married? The young woman felt guilty and dumb for just assuming it was OK to kiss him. I mean what if he really is bound to another witch?
     The witch didn't have anymore time to worry because it was apparent someone was now in the office. She slowly lifted her chin to the door frame.......Professor Snape. Fuck!

    "Leave." the man spat, walking in a menacing manner, towards the witch.

     It was clear Snape was inches away from blowing something up

     It was clear Snape was inches away from blowing something up. His fists were clenched and his features contorted. His chest was puffed out and Florence knew she was in the wrong.

     "Professor...I...uh," words failed her guilty head.

     "I said Get the Hell Out!"

The man was holding his wand so tight it could turn to mush upon any more force. She flinched followed by a small swallow. Never in her life had she heard the wizard actually yell. Florence slid her bag on a shoulder and pushed the door open.
                                     •••
     It was already September 1st again. Florence had helped prep Minerva's classroom for the new school year. She cleaned their quarters and studied up on her subjects. But most of all she avoided Snape at all costs. The woman had no idea what to say to the arrogant wizard. And even though they were far from "an item," she felt betrayed that he didn't think it important enough to tell her he was with another woman. Not to mention she was highly jealous of the red-headed woman.