2. Forgetting

"It's retrograde amnesia, and it only affected the episodic and explicit memory."

Dr Miller told me, probably expecting me to understand the scientific code language. After she saw the look on my face, she realised that I had no clue what she was on about.

"But don't worry about all these long words, you don't need to remember them."

If she wasn't looking at me so persistently, I would have probably laughed.

Ha ha ha

I don't need to remember them?

She should make jokes for a living.

I'm trying to remember everything. Anything. Starting from the names of the doctors all the way to these "long words".

The doctors looking after me are:

Dr Antony - The nice one
Dr Miller - The joker
Dr Keller - The scary one
There's also this really lovely nurse, Ms Lester.

Dr Antony always tells me everything. She's the one that lets me if there has to be a surgery or she explains the things I don't understand.

Dr Miller is very awkward around me. I think she thinks that I'm a child, a stupid, vulnerable child. I am currently quite vulnerable but I am not even near stupid.

She was the one who told me to write down my thoughts or actions.

And I quote:

"So that you don't forget things."

How much more is she expecting me to forget? I have already forgotten all of my life, now she is expecting me to forget things.

What things? It's not like I have any possessions. Or maybe she is talking a bout forgetting what I had for lunch. I wouldn't mind forgetting that, especially since hospital food does not taste nice, even though I don't remember what any other food tastes like. If this is as good as it gets then I wouldn't mind going back into a coma until they invent something that agrees with my taste buds.
----
A/N
And now you know- it's a cliché book about amnesia go ahead and close it forever.  IF YOU DARE