10. Family

"So sweetheart, you probably would like to know where you will be staying. We own a moderately big house in the countryside, 20 minutes away from the city by bus and around 10 walking minutes away from the school."

Did she say school??

"We want you to get a good education but we won't force you to be an academic student if you don't want to. My car is the black Land Rover just to the left. My husband also has a mini which he uses to get to work."

If I didn't know that Pamela was dodging a specific topic I'd think she was a boastful narcissist. For the whole way to her house she only talked about her family and herself. She asked me a couple of questions now and again, but never something that would make think or use the memory sector of my brain.

She is super nice and pretty.mShe is someone who I'd imagine as being my mom.

She is 5'5", with straight chestnut hair in a bob. She looks around forty and I found her to be quite intelligent.

She has two sons that I have yet to meet, a "funny and sweet" husband and a pet turtle named Patt.

The names I'll need to remember are Pamela Roberts, Tyler Roberts, Nick Roberts, Jamie Roberts and Patt the Turtle.

I'm not going to say that I am now living with a rich family and my life is as perfect as it will ever be but I will say that I am lucky and happy to be here with Pamela.

Hopefully the rest of the Roberts are as welcoming and as loving as her.

----

Or are they??? Dun dun dun..

Sending 🕵🏽🕵🏽s your way
-sauthor xx