15. Santa

I span around on my speeny-wheely chair to see an awkward-looking Nick standing in my doorway.

I mentally noted to close and lock the door when I was changing and/or wanted some privacy. There are boys around after all.

I noticed that Nick was staring. Not as I "looking" staring, but a staring contest stare.

Game on bruddah.

I walked towards him. I blinked, he was frozen. I tried again. Failed. He was in a trance. This  was not normal.

I half squatted to see if Nick's gaze would follow me, but no! I waved my hands and arms in his face. I tried yelling his name and I clamped.

Damn he was good.

"Nick! Nick. Nicholas!! Nick. S-A-N-T-A-A-A-A!" I yelled.

Nick unfroze, started blinking and looked at me dumbfounded. Then, he walked out of the room.

"Did you just call me Santa?" I heard him say.

"Yes. You got a problem with that?" The confidence was bringing along the sass with it.

"Are you saying I'm old?" He tried to sound hurt as he turned the corner to my room and glared at me.

"Well, I don't know how old you are, but I will say that you are old." I replied.

"Er.. Older than you, but not by much."

"I wouldn't know that. And how do you know how old I am?"

"My mom gave us all a briefing on you, hence I know you are called Evelyn."

It all made sense now.

"Speaking of mom," he continued  "she wanted to know what you'd like for dessert. "

"Ice cream." I shouted, not even giving it a second thought.

"What type?"

"All the ice cream! I want all of it!!" I tried to think reasonably again. "No, just chocolate and vanilla, if you have it."

He figured out how weird I was by now and just commented "good choice." Then he left.

"Bye Santa." I yelled sweetly after him. "Wait! How actually old are you grandpa?"

"You will never know.."

Hearing that I ran straight to Jamie's room, screaming: "How old is that moron you call a brother?!"