13. Players

"Hi!" I replied to the taller of the two. He was only excelling by two inches but it was noticeable that he was the oldest.

"I know you two are Nick and Jamie, but I don't know which way around the names go." I added. I was trying to make small talk,  an attempt at a good first impression. But I also knew that this was dangerous territory and I could come across as weird.

"Ah, how about you guess?" Said the older one.

"Well, you look pretty similar. But duhh you are brothers... -"

"We aren't brothers." The shorter one folded his arms across his chest, making him look damn serious.

"Oh.."

Way to go Ev!

"She actually fell for it! Wow! My life is gonna get so much more interesting!"

"I mean: Oh, you are definitely a Jamie."

"How did you- No, I'm Nick." Jamie tried to imitate his brother, he raised himself up on his toes and pouted slightly.

"It was a 50:50 chance and she has beginners luck." Nick sounded totally in unimpressed.

I frowned.

"C'mon! We're just playing. We are nice really." He stated.

Pamela walked in from the kitchen. "Yes honey, you'll get used to them, my sons are players." She said while ruffling Jamie's hair.

Nick blushed and Jamie smirked as if knew his mother said that on purpose and wasn't just misusing the word.

Then, we walked upstairs, went into our own rooms and Pamela continued cooking.

----
Which one would you chose?? Yes they are basically Pokemon... Only you can't tame one..

Sending a 🐶 ur way
- sauthor xx