16. Flippant

I hanged around outside the door and waited until I heard Jamie say "come in". I did as told and was surprised when I saw what his room beheld.

Aware of my confusion, he stood up from his sofa and announced:

"Welcome to my lair!"

Damn.

The colour scheme of his hideout was range of blues, purples and blacks. His book shelves we're filled with vinyls and records of both solo artists and bands. He had guitars above his head board. Bean bags, posters and vintage decorations competed the retro look.

Obviously it was messy with clothes and junk food everywhere, but nonetheless I found it cosy.

Keeping track of my thoughts, I eventually remembered that I has a mission; I needed info. Valuable info.

"How old is your mother's other offspring?" I demanded.

He was slightly taken aback.

Both if them must think that I'm mental. I'm acting too weird, even for me. Must be the overdose of communication with boys.

"You mean Nick?"

"Duh..."

"Oh, I thought.. you were coming here to talk to me..about me!"

Jamie mockingly pouted, trying to fool me into thinking he was upset.

"Tell me!"

"Alright, alright! Calm your pants. Jeez."

Saying this, he sat on his sofa, spreading out his limbs so there wasn't enough room for me.
Very brotherly.

"He is -"

"Smart, handsome, sweet and clever enough to have gotten all firsts in the two years of uni."

A mellow voice came from behind me, interrupting Jamie. I spun around

"Oh really?"

I was sure Nick was lying.

"What university do you go to then?"

"Uh.. It's the.. eh.."

He stuttered. Lost for words. I win. Turning around to face Jamie again, I tried to play using the guilt card.

"Come on Jamie, won't you tell a vulnerable girl, who has lost her memory and doesn't know many things? How old is the loser behind me?"

He glanced at his brother, then at me, Nick, then me, then Nick and finally leaving his hazel eyes to rest on me.

"Well, I'm not currently on the good terms with the 'moron I call a brother', so I shall tell you. Drum roll please-"

He began to hits his arms on the side of the sofa and I shot him a dirty glare.

"Ok, ok he's 17. His birthday was two months ago."

"One month."

Nick corrected him.

"Oh Santa, oh not sooo old after all!"

"Oh shut up."

The older sibling turned around and started to walk away.

What's up with him and trying to escape?

"Nick, I have an idea. Why didn't we play a game with our permanent guest. Something like truth or dare? You know, show her how this community works."

Being addressed Nick returned and rifled his brothers hair, pleased with the machination.

"Not a bad idea little bro. Let's do it!"

Both of them then looked at me an smirked.

Dang. I have a feeling this game is more cunning than it sounds