Chapter 6

I made my way towards Harry's office, letting my fingers tap lightly against the steering wheel as I drove through the streets of Hollywood into Beverly Hills.

I was still adhering to my early office routine, knowing that Harry had breakfast scheduled at 7:30 with Eleanor this morning. This would give me enough time to prep for my day and try and figure out how I was going to handle being in his office for the week.

When I went home last night after the new orders, I labored over everything I had been through with Eleanor after the past month, and I was convinced that this was a setup. She was specifically putting me in his office so she would catch us flirting; well, to be specific, she wants to catch him doing anything. I'm just the collateral. I would be the one at risk, I would lose my job, and for what? For her to win a childish game with her fiancé just for kicks? They might survive, but my career would be ruined and she would tell everyone I was a home wrecker. I didn't need that kind of pressure.

Nope, I was not going to lose my job over a man who couldn't even stand up to her.

There would be no flirting with Harry Edward Styles. No matter how charming, how cute, how endearing, or how much he showed me his dimples, I was not going to participate. I was going to put myself on lockdown. There was not going to be any behavior on my side that could be even misconstrued as flirting in the slightest. This was my master plan.

I got to the office right on time, making my way through Hannah's stupid list before getting the coffee on. I desperately needed a cup or I was going to die from the nerves. I looked down at my watch.

8:05 am.

I dumped the creamer into my cup as I heard the door open swiftly, making me jump and nearly spill coffee everywhere over the freshly organized counter.

Harry was early.

Okay, I rehearsed this. As soon as he gets in, I give him his messages, I go over his calls, read him his emails, ask if he wants to dictate his responses to me, and then I would prep him for his meetings. I can be back at my desk fielding calls in 30 minutes. No flirting. No jokes. No laughing. Strictly business. I will not let Harry think he can be flirtatious with me for a single second.

The more I thought about it, the more I started to wonder why. Why was Eleanor so concerned about Harry cheating? Had he done it in the past? Had he cheated with Hannah? Or Calley? Did he want to cheat with me? Did Eleanor see something between us that I didn't?

"Olivia?" Harry broke me of my thoughts.

Damn, how long had I been standing there lost in thought?

"You ok?" he chuckled. "You've been standing there holding the creamer for like five minutes. Do you need me to pour it for you?"

I laughed nervously, shaking my head. Wait, no laughing!

I put the creamer down and bit my lip before pulling together my steely resolve.
"Morning," I managed to utter with a forced smile.

"New office jitters?" he continued, obviously still concerned. We had shared some nice, kind moments in the past, so I'm sure my behavior this week will seem odd. But it's what needs to be done.

"Yes, sorry," I remarked. "Coffee?"

He shrugged off his coat and hung it on the hanger before looking back at me.

"No, I'm okay, thanks," he offered, rolling up the sleeves to his button up shirt before undoing the top four buttons. This is how he looked when his fiancé wasn't around. "I didn't mean to scare you. I'm probably earlier than you expected, but Eleanor thinks breakfast is a gluten free bagel."