Chapter 13

"Welcome to The Lobster. I'll be taking care of you this afternoon."

Our waiter was a young boy, no more than 22 at best, and judging by the look on his face, most likely an actor. He was kind, though, and seemed to be attentive to our secluded spot in the corner with the view of the ocean. Harry much preferred sitting in the corner where he could enjoy his meal in peace, a stark contrast to his less-than-better half who needed to be in the center of every room so she could be seen. I was thankful for Harry's introverted tendencies given the day we had. Then again, I much preferred pretty much anything Harry to anything Eleanor.

"Can I get you something to drink?" he asked, pulling our attention from our menus

"Coke for me," I offered.

"Diet?" he asked, and I tried not to sigh. What was it with this town and Diet Coke?

"Did she ask for Diet?" Harry interrupted evenly, eyes never leaving his menu.

I could feel the waiter tense without even looking at him, and I was suddenly jolted back to my first lunch with Eleanor.

"N-no, I just..." he countered.

"Then I would presume she wants regular," he finished, putting his menu down to give him a tight smile.

"Yes, sir. I'll get right on that," he offered, a twinge of nervousness still in his voice. "My name is Sebastian, in case you need anything else."

"Sebastian?" Harry watched as the waiter turned to walk away, letting out a loud, shocking burst of laughter as soon as the boy was out of ear shot, his mind running wild at his internal punny Little Mermaid reference. As soon as the laugh left his lips, he looked up at me shocked, his eyes wide as his hands clasped over his mouth, as if he was appalled the loud outbursts actually escaped.

"Isn't that ironic?" he snickers, dimples on full display. His eyes were glinting a sense of happiness I hadn't seen before.

I just stared at him.

"Get it? Like the lobster?" He whispered in a hush, leaning closer to me as if he was letting me in on his little secret. He was beside himself, and it was absolutely adorable.

All I could do was look at him funny. He felt my cool gaze and tilted his head, trying to understand exactly why I want laughing and was instead looking at him funny.

"What?" his brows furrowed, his stomach grumbling as he peered at me curiously.

I chuckled, unfolding my napkin and placing it in my lap gently. "N-nothing..." I trailed, slightly amused, not sure whether or not I should address the contrast between his adorable outburst and his mirroring his stone cold fiancé.