Chapter 57

Harry was pacing back and forth outside of the little red door of a mediocre apartment in North Hollywood, quite unsure of himself at the moment. His fingers were running haphazardly through his shorter, yet growing hair. Thoughts were spinning through his mind a mile a minute, and he could barely keep up with his physical pacing, let alone his brain.

What was he doing here?

He let out a strangled groan as his head tipped back, biting his bottom lip a little as he tries to muster up the same amount of courage he had to get in the Taxi and come all the way over here. But now that he was here, standing in front of Olivia's door at half past midnight, the courage seemed to disappear.

He seemed to have this problem a lot.

"Come on, Harry. You can do this," he whispers to himself, leaning awkwardly against the guard rail across from her door that overlooked the gorgeous pool atrium.

He can do this.

He paused his spiraling brain, slowly walking up to the door. He lifted his arm up to knock on it, time freezing as he tries to convince himself that this is the right thing to do. His mind knew better, but his heart -- that was a different story. And when it came to Olivia, his heart seemed to be winning a lot lately.

Knock, knock.

The feeling of the wood against his knuckles was more painful than he thought it would be. It was still a little chilly, given the night air, and the pressure against his bare knuckles made it ache more than it probably should have. But it was nothing compared to his insides.

He needed her right now.

Silence.

Where was she? It's Saturday night, sure. But it's Livvy. She should be home right now, shouldn't she?

Knock, knock, knock.

He can't help but think about how much of a fool he is. Of course she's not home. It's Saturday night! She's a gorgeous woman, she's probably out with her friends -- or worse! Her boyfriend. Fuck, what if she has a boyfriend?

No, it's Livvy. She wouldn't have a boyfriend, would she? Not and do the things she's done with him? She has to be home. She just has to be. He needs her. He needs her right now.

Right now, goddamnit!

Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock.

And just like that, the door flew open, my green eyes meeting quickly with his. "Jesus, Harry. Are you trying to wake the neighbors?" I angrily whisper.

That is, until I see the look in his eyes. His eyes are wide, unsure, with an almost manic haze surrounding them. He can't help but look me over, almost in shock that I really was standing here in front of him, as opposed to out fucking some imaginary boyfriend he made up in his head.

"Harry..." I console, head tilting to the side. I know that something has to be wrong for him to come all the way to North Hollywood on a Saturday night. Moreso, for him to come to my house in North Hollywood.

We didn't do that.

"Livvy," he whispers, a strangled sob coming out of his mouth, his arms enveloping me tightly as he just crushes me to him in the tightest hug I've ever received. It almost knocks all of the breath out of me.

My arms wrap instinctively around him in return, holding him tightly to me. I'm not sure what's going on here, or why he's here, but I know that whatever it is, it's serious. And I also know that it makes my heart flutter to think that I'm the one he came running to.