Chapter 44

Harry runs his fingers through his lengthening curls, trying desperately to read the numbers on the pages in front of him that seemed to be blurring together. He hates numbers, and hates math even more. Which is why this spreadsheet outlining this past quarter's expenses was beginning to hurt his head.

He spent how much on table linens?
$40,000?

Jesus.

No matter what he tried, he couldn't get his mind clear. His life had taken a massive detour over the past week — from breaking off his engagement to sleeping with his best friend — and his emotions were at an all time high.

And he doesn't like being emotional.

He tries to focus back on the paperwork in front of him, but he can't. He bites his lip, wishing Olivia was here to explain this to him. But they weren't exactly on the best terms at the moment — which forces his mind to wander to a few days prior.

"Fuck," he muttered, slowly resting his forehead against hers, their bodies still pressed tightly together.

She just whimpered, body still heaving and convulsing from the unexpected, yet more than wanted, experience they just shared.

He and Olivia just slept together.
In her house.
In her bed.

She never wanted him to remove himself from between her thighs — and neither did he, the feeling of his weight on her so much more delightful than either of their surreal imaginations had conjured up for lord knows how long. She looked up at him as his head pulled up languidly, their eyes catching as she gently pushed a sweaty curl off of his forehead.

She was gorgeous.

"Damn," he muttered, chuckling to himself in awe.

She let her smile match his, their dimples mirroring each other. She whimpered in sadness when she felt him pull out and lay next to her with a huff, their mixed juices creating a slight wet spot on the sheets beneath her as he does so.

All they could do was lay there, staring up at the ceiling — her core aching from the intrusion, but both of their bodies exhausted in pleasure.

It was everything they had dreamt of.
More, really.

She felt the bed shift as he turned to face her, one hand propping his head up, the other hand letting his fingertips slowly slide along her collar bone, gently down her sternum between her breasts, dipping into her belly button as he continued his mindless trail, finally veering off to the side to wrap a hand around her hip, slowly pulling her to face him.

Neither of them knew what to say. Their eyes connected again, their breath slowly steadying and syncing together seamlessly.

She bit her bottom lip, which caused his eyes to flit down to her perfectly angled lips, swollen and red from their hefty makeout session.

He slowly reaches over further, hand splaying over the small of her back and pulling her to him, forcing their exposed bellies to touch.

This was the most intimate thing he had ever experienced.

"Hi," they both said at the same time while trying to fill the silence, eliciting post-sex giggles from each other.

"That was amazing," she whispered.

He just nodded, agreeing silently. "That's not what I intended when I came over here..." he confessed.

"I know," she nodded.