Chapter 8: The lunch date

Today was the day, it was time for Kara and Lena's lunch date or lunch hangout. And you could say that Kara was rather nervous. She had spent her whole morning trying to pick up a decent outfit, then later finally deciding on blue shirt with a cardigan underneath and a pair of grey pants, she also put up her hair in a messy bun, just letting small strains off her hair fall around her face. After a quick breakfast, that consisted off a bowl off Lucky Charms cereal, she got into her red Fiat 500 before speeding to work...

....

One hour left until lunch time and Kara became nervous for every minute that went buy...the thing was why. She knew Lena they had dated before for God's sake. She knew Lena liked her coffee black, which Kara thought was weird, how could someone drink coffee without some bits off sugar or a splash off milk? She knew Lena's favorite ice cream was mint chocolate chip ice cream..but still her Kara was nervous causing her to misspell words and having to rewrite them at least four times. 

....

- Excuse me mam, you can't come in here... the Security man outside Cat Co said. 

- Oh...sorry, Lena said grabbing her bag from her shoulder and getting out her wallet and id. 

- I had a meeting with Kara Danvers she is a reporter at Cat Co media

The security guard picked up his phone and started scrolling..

- Sorry mam, but I have nothing here about a Lena Luthor meeting a...wait Lena Luthor, you don't happen to be the same Lena Luthor who does gaming videos on YouTube?

- Yeah...I am Lena said smiling 

- Oh..my son loves you...sorry to keep you waiting you can step inside

Lena stepped inside Cat Co and quickly made her way into the reporters office. 

...

- Lena Hi...Kara said when she noticed Lena walking into her office

- Hi..Kara 

- Did you have any problems coming here? Kara asked Lena

- Well...it would have been easier if the security guard would have let me in the first time...luckily his son happens to like my video gaming channel. 

Kara groaned, how could she forget to tell the security guard that she was expecting someone over for lunch. 

Lena saw how the older girls face changed. 

- Kara, dear you don't have to worry about it I am here now..so what do you say why don't you get dressed...and we head out to eat at Noonans?

- Sure Kara said grabbing Lena's hand and dragging her to Noonans. 

The girls spent an hour talking and joking with eachother...and they both felt the same thing, maybe they could give themselves another chance.