Chapter 7

Sam, Dean and I were teleported into the warehouse. Maybe not teleported, but that was the only way to describe it, I guess. We were simply in one place and then the next. "They are here. Kill them with the knife." Cas told Dean and then left with the sound of wings. Sam pulled out a knife - one I recognized as the one that he used in the warehouse to save me - and looked at Dean.

"We only have one thing that kills them. Be careful." Dean warned us, but I think it was directed at me. Why? The damsel-in-destress?

I heard a noise behind me and see a woman come at me with a sharp knife. She screams at me and I duck, leaving her to run into a wall behind me. I look around because anything could be used as a weapon. I know that from all the scary books that I've read and all the movies that I've seen; that, and blondes always die first. I see a pipe, about as thick as my wrist, and about as long as a bat. I grab it and swing it as hard as I could, with all my strength from my many years of softball when I was a teenager. The woman looked surprised, like how I felt, as her head twisted too far back to be fixable. There was a sickening Snap! and I felt like I was going to puke.

Sam and Dean looked at me with astonishment. I felt as if I went into autopilot as she fell, leaving one less monster that we have to face. A monster, that use to be human. A man, this time, came at us. Sam stabbed him and he fell to the ground in a heap. He also thrusted the knife into the woman with the broken neck, seeing as she wasn't actually dead yet.

"Lets go!" Dean started to move into the next room slowly. Two men came at us. Sam stabbed one as I broke the others' shins. Dean punched him and Sam stabbed him. They work so well together, I noticed. A woman came behind me and put her arm around my throat, leaving me very little room to breath. I could feel her heart pounding on my back and hot breath against my neck. It tickled the small hairs there, but that was the least of my worries. I let out a strangled gasp.

"Oh hunters! Wanna come out to play?" The woman taunted at Sam and Dean. Sam looked immediately at me and gulped. I tried to communicate with my eyes to him, but I have a feeling that he couldn't understand.

Dean looked back after killed the man that he was fighting and she tightened her grip. While Dean was distracting her, I figured out a plan. I stepped down on her foot, hard. She gasped, as if in surprise rather than in pain. I elbowed her in the side and I'm really going to regret this I threw my head back onto hers, making a loud CRACK! sound. She stumbles back and Sam runs over. He stabs her. I stumbled back a step or two. No one wins in a head butt. I rubbed the back of my head without realizing it. 

"When we get out of here, I'm teaching you how to be a hunter. You've got guts. You know how to fight." Dean tells me. I just laugh, until I remember what I just did. I felt the nauseating feeling again.

"When? Well, you're confident." I mutter. It was quiet enough in the warehouse that he could hear me. I saw a ghost of a smile played on his pale lips.

"This is what I do." He replied.

A man comes out from the shadows, grinning. The breath got caught in my throat - the man out of the shadows was my high school lab partner, Derek. "You can't take us all." The man laughed as the rest of the shape shifters came out. All seven of them. I tore my eyes away from the creatures to look at Dean.

"What do we do?" I mutter to him. I glanced back at the shape shifters, just in case they attacked.

"Take 'em out." Dean handed me the pipe once again and took the knife off of the ground as a man runs at Sam. Dean tossed it at Sam, who catches it, spun around, and stabbed the shifter in the right shoulder. He falls to the ground after Sam pulls out the knife again. Six down. I thought.

I swing the pipe at another woman and she catches it, tossing it to the ground. I raise my fists and punched her hard in the face. She stumbled back a step, but punches me in the nose, easily breaking it. She punched me in the mouth and kicked me. I fell to the ground. She kick me again and again. Dean stabbed the woman and helped me up.

"It's okay. We're going. They're all dead." He put his arm around my waist and any other time, I would have loved it. I was fading fast. I could hear Dean telling Sam to pick me up. I guess a 5'8 female couldn't be picked up by a 6'1 male, but a 6'4 male had to do it. I suppose it makes sense to them. Black spots invaded my vision and my knees buckled.