Part 23: Tsubasa's Missing

~three days later~

[Name]'s POV

"Guys, we're getting a call from Wang Hu Zhong!" Madoka tells us as we sit in her workspace.

We surround her computer; and Dashan, Chao Xin, Mei-Mei, and Chi-yun appear on the screen. "Hey, you guys!" I lean forward and smile.

"Hello, [Name], and congratulations to you all on making it to the A-block finals." Dashan smirks at us.

"Good job, dudes and babe." Chao Xin winks at me. I chuckle and shake my head as Masamune, Gingka, and Dashan all gain a tick mark on their forehead.

"Your match got us all pumped up to battle," Chi-yun tells us with a faint smirk tugging at his lips.

"I sure hope it did. It was way to close of a match for my taste," I mutter and rub the nape of my neck.

"I'm not surprised. Kyoya wants to beat Gingka and [Name] so badly that he doesn't seem to think of anything else." Dashan smiles at us.

"That's Kyoya for you, he's probably off training right now to get stronger," I tell them as I rest my elbow on Gingka's shoulder and lean on him. "Isn't that right Gingka?"

He looks down at me with pink cheeks and nods his head. "Y-y-yeah, and then he'll be back to face us again," he stumbles over his words before regaining his composure and smirking at our Chinese friends, clenching his fists in determination. "That means we have to be working harder, too."

"Next time we meet Kyoya, we'll be introducing ourselves as the winners of the Beyblade World Championships." I grin, showing off my teeth and flashing Dashan and the rest a peace sign.

"Don't count on it. The winners of the World Championship will be us, [Name]," Chao Xin chuckles and smirks at me.

"That's right, you won your consolation battle, which means you're up against the EU Team to see if you can re-enter the tournament," Masamune murmurs, tapping his chin in thought.

"Be careful those guys are pretty fucking strong." I frown and the blond beside me sighs.

"Aren't you guys afraid to lose?" Yu asks nonchalantly, and I giggle at his bluntness.

"Yu!" Madoka scolds him as I cover my mouth, trying to keep myself from laughing harder.

"No, it's okay. Excalibur is a very strong team, so we won't win easily, but we made a promise to battle you in the final and to win," Dashan chuckles with an amused smile.

"So, we can't lose to those guys," Chi-yun states, clenching his fists with a determined look in his eyes.

"Then good luck, you guys. I hope you win." I smirk and wink at them. Dashan and Chao Xin blush lightly, their eyes flickering away for a few seconds.

"We'll be cheering for you guys," Masamune says, and we wave goodbye to them before ending the call.

"The final, huh..." Gingka trails off and a concerned look passes across his face.

"Yeah... I think we should go check up on Tsubasa though. Get our minds off our upcoming match," I tell them with a faint smile.

"That's a good idea, [Name]," Masamune says, and we leave the store.

"[Name], be honest with me- do you think Wang Hu Zhong has a chance against Excalibur?" Madoka asks, and I frown.

"Of course they have a chance, but I know what you're really asking. I believe the odds of the match are in Excalibur's favor. Dashan, Chao Xin, Mei-Mei, and Chi-yun are all good bladers, but Julian and his team just will have the advantage. I'm sure it will be a good match though," I respond as we make our way over to the hospital.