XIV》touched by frost

*~oOo~*

Levi's POV~

My eyes watered slightly. I never cry. Never. The pieces of paper slowly fell from my pale hands. Farlen them snatched them from the table and read them. His hand slowly went over his mouth to show the pure shock he was in.

"Hey guys we're home! I see the house isn't burnt down"

"Fuck! Quick get the papers away!" Isabel hissed, we gathered up the papers as quickly as we could. But it was all too late... she stood there at her study door stock still. Everyone was silent, we didn't know what to say.

"Does anyone want some-.... oh..." Hanji popped her head round the corner and for once she was quiet.

"Why?...." (y/n) whispered, her voice cracking.

"Why would you do this?..."

"(Y/n)..." I finally spoke;

" I was suspicious, nothing added up with what you told me! You broke your back and fell down the stairs yet you can play frisbee and run around perfectly fine. You can't blame me for feeling this way. I had to know you were ok...."

"Well now you know the truth. Just go, leave. I don't want to have to deal with your worry and tears when I fall so ill i can't even talk properly"

"(Y/n) we can-"

"No you can't. You can't help me. You can't support me through this shit. You can't save me. I need to be on my own." I go to open my mouth, to protest against her harsh words. Farlen places a hand on my shoulder and gives me a sympathetic look. I sigh.

"(Y/n); we will leave you for now but we are coming back. You can't do this on your own." Isabel says as we turn to leave. (Y/n) still stood in her study. Tears streaming down her flushed cheeks. We left. Isabel and Farlen going to their apartments, Hanji to visit her parents and I returned to my dark home. I sat on the sofa thinking:

What would happen next?

•___- time skip -___•

It had been days, weeks nearly over a month now and still. No reply. I had knocked at her door several times: no reply. Phone: no reply. Social media: no reply. Nothing. What had become of her? With the days dwindling I craved to spend as much time with her as possible but with (y/n) shutting herself away it was easier said than done.

She had done her occasional standard concert but they weren't broadcasted so even then I couldn't see her behaviour. However social media and journalists said (y/n) had become quieter, more 'depressed', her once lively concerts were not so animated anymore. Fans, friends and family were worrying and still over the passing weeks: Nothing.

"So, when writing a letter remember to use YOU AND ME IN A FOREST. Which stands for?..." I waited for the classes response, they repeated what each letter meant perfectly. I wouldn't expect any less from my year eleven (grade ten) class. Yet when teaching, my mind is still side tracked. I went into teaching for (y/n), knowing she wanted to be a music teacher I wanted to carry on her dreams for her. Every lesson reminds me of (y/n).

"Sir?"

"Um...Yes, Sophie?"

"Is it true that you are friends with (y/n) (l/n)?"