Chapter 1: Another Afternoon in Los Angeles

There was only hollowness and silence at Los Angeles with the sun shining bright at the afternoon sky. The streets were filled with trash, and there were roots of green plants and trees; parked cars were covered in dust and also roots besides streets and parking lots; houses and buildings were destroyed and covered with roots as well; and corpses and skeletons of human beings around the city.

Among the old deserted city, there was a movement patrolling through downtown. In the streets, there's a red convertible driving through the streets.

Within the car, there was a man on his late 20's, with a white suit, blue collar button shirt, black socks, brown shoes, and sun glasses on his face. The man had short brown hair, brown skin, a short beard, and a thin body. The windows opened for the wind to blow in his face and the sun shined on his face and on the car (in which wasn't dusty like the other cars).

The man then grabbed a radio tape and inserted it into the radio in his car. As he did, there was a song of smooth jazz playing while he continued driving calmly. The horn in the song sounded magnificent through his ears as he moved his head enjoying the sound of jazz.

The song echoed throughout the city as the song was loud enough to overcome the silence of the city. Everywhere he goes, the song would echo throughout the areas from the opened windows on the convertible and the song playing loudly, yet smoothly in the car.

The man was driving straight on Beverly Boulevard, in which the street was covered with roots, but it wasn't bumpy for the car to drive on. He looked around the area near the street as he drove through. He then turned his head back to the road to continue driving through Los Angeles.

As he looked at some of the houses and apartments that are still standing, he then automatically stopped the red convertible right in front of the Bradbury Building. The building was still standing even though it's covered in roots just like about everything else in Los Angeles.

He then pulled out a AK-47 in his hands and began shooting the building windows through the car door window.

As he was shooting at the windows, there was a dark shadow passing through the windows of the building the man was shooting at. The man was in fury as he kept shooting the windows until the dark shadow was gone out of sight.

He lowered his weapon and then placed it on the passenger seat.

He then began to drive again as he changed the smooth jazz radio tape to Marvin Gaye's "Greatest Hits" Album beginning to play the song "Got to Give it Up."

Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up Lyrics | MetroLyrics:

I used to go out to parties

And stand around

'cause I was too nervous

To really get down

But my body yearned to be free

I got up on the floor and thought

Somebody could choose me

No more standin' there beside the walls

I done got myself together baby

And now I'm havin' a ball

As long as you're groovin'

There's always a chance

Somebody watches

Might wanna make romance

Move your body, ooo baby, you dance all night

To the groove and feel alright