Chapter 40: Change Pt. 2

Morgan was working on creating the human serum with a needle sucking his blood out to a blood bag from one of his arms. He clenches his fist tightly for pressure on his arms to expose his veins and push the blood out quicker. The blood was drawing out into the blood bag. The human scientist pulls out the needle and put a cotton ball on the where the needle was in and he close up the blood bag. He then applies a Band-Aid on the cotton to hold it in place and he move out of his seat to see what's left of the first human serum.

"All I have to do is to mimic it with my blood and then gather more from Lily," whispers Morgan as he put the blood in the mini fridge he had on the table full of three other blood bags. "I hope Lily's is not afraid of needles."

The human scientist made his way to the elevator and presses the button to go up to the main floor. He closes his eyes and sighs in exhaustion. He feels a bit tired due to how much blood he has been taking out. He can see himself looking a bit pale, but it will help humanity rise again one way or another. The human knows rainbow dash sees him as just the last specie of his kind but the princesses of Equestria seem to try to prevent him from their royal guards trying to destroy his home many times. Morgan knows how hard it was to take care of just himself with the royal guards, but now he has his wife and a human subject that would help him bring back humanity.

He opens his eyes hearing a ding from the elevator. The door opens and Morgan exits the elevator to see Natalie wearing a yellow T-shirt and blue jeans. The only human can see Natalie has one human leg and one pony leg, her human torso and upper body has blue for on it. Morgan didn't know how his wife manage to be half human half pony, but there see was looking through the window. He turns to a different direction seeing Lily reading a book. He approaches the female subject to see the young woman reading the J. D. Salinger novel Catcher in the Rye.

"How you doing Lily?" he asked with a soft voice.

"I'm doing great, I enjoy reading this book. I'm at the part where this character Holden is talking with his little sister," Lily explained while have her eyes in the pages of the novel.

"Wow, you read almost read the whole book! Do you understand it?"

"I do, Holden is trying to be an adult even though he is just a teenager. It's sad to see him trying to pretend something he's not," Lily further explained the novel. "You know what you are, right Morgan."

Morgan opens his mouth to respond to Lily's question, but something stops him. He begins to think what he has done over the years he was alone with the pony chasing after him. All the time he has fought them, killed them, and tortures them for his serum. He realize how much pain he has put in his pony subject, which most of them, would just die from it or he would shoot them in the head.

"I know who I am, I'm just a human trying to live through this world," he answered as he approaches Natalie while Lily didn't get his response.

"Natalie, can you help me with something?" he asked his wife.

"Sure thing Morgan, what is it that I'm helping you with?" Natalie asked her question in curiosity.

"It's something important and we are going somewhere far, but I need you to promise me that you won't tell Lily about it."

"Okay Morgan," she replies. "Alright Lily, Morgan and I need to go somewhere for a bit. Just stay here and enjoy reading the novels I gave you."

"Okay," said Lily as the two adults left the room to the elevator.

Morgan watches Natalie listening to the sweet tune of the elevator and seeing how happy she was to be with him again. Morgan smiles as his finger press the button of his destination. He then begins to hum the tune himself, with his wife watching him feeling happy to be reunited. The elevator stop and the door open, but Morgan stood in front of his wife.