Chapter 17: Lost and Wonder

Back in the royal castle, Luna and her guards enter the dungeon. She looks for the cell she was looking with the guards holding spears to any ponies in the cells that try to make contact. It looks at few seconds before she saw the grey stallion looking at the wall. Luna notifies the guards to open the cell, as the grey stallion look back worried to see the princess of the night. The difference between the two princesses is Luna is the hateful towards those who break the rules. The prisoners also hate her, but they fear her at the same time.

"Greeting grey stallion, I was hoping you can help with an issue happening right now," spoke Luna with a sweet tone.

The grey stallion has to listen to the princess of the night, for he doesn't want to get her mad. So he stood up in all four and walk to the princess. Luna smile as the guards close the cell door and they walk. The prisoners look worried and mad at the guards and Luna for taking another prisoner with them. They felt the grey stallion his going to his death.

"You can't do this!" shouted one prisoner.

"This isn't Equestria!" shouted another prisoner.

"We can't do anything! Let us out!"

"Dead stallion walking!"

The grey stallion can see the ponies in the cells were trying their best to talk to the guards and the princess, but they can't do anything if they're in a cell. This made the grey stallion sigh and look down to not see the poor brothers from causing less hope for him. The guards then use their spears to strike at anypony who tries to interfere. Some prisoners were stabbed while others were still complaining. The prisoners then saw the grey stallion exit from the dungeon with the guards and Luna, and the fellow prisoners watch the door slam shut.

Meanwhile, Morgan continues to run with the injured small timberwolf in his arms panicking about the creature he had never seen chasing after him. He winced in pain feeling the damage on his back and stomach slowing him down. He look at the small timberwolf with its blood oozing out, for he knew this little friend is seriously hurt from trying to fight against the griffin. He couldn't look feeling it was still chasing him, but he needs to make sure if it's still chasing them.

"Please God, don't let us be caught," pray the human as his body couldn't bare the pain.

He saw a tree to hide near many trees alike, for his pain got the better of him. He fell behind the tree and breathes heavily in exhaustion with the timberwolf crying. The human take off the torn black jacket and wrap it around the timberwolf. It seems to be comfort, yet he was worried he has been spotted by the griffin. He looks to see no sign of the griffin, but he doesn't feel comfortable with this. He closes his eyes to only hear the griffin landing near his area. He looks again to see the furious creature looking around.

"I know you're around here!" said the griffin. "For a creature I don't know, you are very weak!"

Just hearing the griffin was unbearable, yet a small cry from the timberwolf made it much worse with Morgan covering its mouth too late. The griffin looks at the tree where the human was hiding. The human cursed in his behind as he continues to breathe heavily while hearing its approach. He looks around the ground to see a rock.

'I hope this works," thought Morgan.

He grabs the rock as the griffin was close to the tree. The griffin then was going to look behind the tree when Morgan throws the rock at a different direction to create a noise. The griffin seems to fall for the trick as the human look to see the griffin going to the direction he throw the rock. As the griffin was gone far away, the human quickly got the small timberwolf and walk silently to where the rest of the Timberwolves gone to.