Chapter 4: The Experiment

The red Convertible that belongs to the human was driving through the city's ruins among the night. The sky was dark, the stars were up, and the moonlight was shinier than the sunlight. The car was patrolling the streets in a search for something around the city earlier. The lights of the car was also shining through the streets as well, making it look like a search and hunt. The human kept making every turn through the city as he was looking for something special.

Morgan was in the car driving his way in the direction he saw the night guard fall. The man was wearing only a white shirt to try to find the thing he shot down. He wants to capture it as possible for him to contain it and experiment on it. He always has experiments on the ponies to find a way to change back the conversions that happened three years ago. He could remember hearing screams of terrified people trying to get away from the ponies that took peace with them after 5 months from the gas attack from Iraq.

"I can't get those memories out of my head!" Morgan shouted viciously as he begins to grab the driver's wheel hard. "We try to help them from the incident with the Iraqi, and then they stab us in the back! Well how friend are they to do that and took us over!"

He then felt the memories taking over him in his mind, so he begin to see the streets different, the city different, and the day different. In his view, he was witnessing a memory, for the city was not cover in trash or roots of trees and plants. No, this was the city three years ago. The day was clear, and everything seems fine, until he saw a male human talking with a male pony on the side-walk. The two seems mad as both were pushing each other off. In an instant, the pony that seems to be a unicorn blast the human being to a car, where his body made an impact for the human to be weak to get back up.

After that, his view change to another memory, where there was ponies changing humans. He stopped his car and got out to take a view outside. The sky was dark, but the fire burning up the buildings and different type of marketing created an orange and yellow light shining through the city of Culver. As he continues looking around, he then saw another human that's also a male crawling towards the scientist. Morgan didn't know what to do for the poor fellow human, but his trace of thoughts stop as he begin to see the human's hands to form to hooves.

The affected human crawl to his legs and climb up to face Morgan face to face with horror in his eyes. "Please, h-help me sir! Don't you see I'm changing to...?"

The guy stopped speaking as his face too begins to metamorphose to the ponies. The male was forming to a white earth pony with a check mark as the cutie mark. "Oh my Celestia, this feels amazing! Dear human, you must join Celestia to have a happy life as a pony that you never got as a human. I feel like I'm born again!"

"Yeah, and then you're going to feel like you're going to die again!" Morgan shouted in anger before he push it and pull out a Magnum gun at the white earth pony before pulling the trigger.

Morgan heard the gun fire the single bullet he shot out. He thought he felt blood splattered on his face, but when he blinked, everything was back to normal. It was still night, and the city was still covered in roots. The headlights of his car were shining on him since he was in front of the car with the Magnum in his hands. Morgan looks around him to check if anything or anypony was following him. There was nothing following him, so he begins to walk back.

When he looks down while walking, he notices a blood trait was there. He follows where the blood trait led to, for it looks like that Bat guard landed here a while ago. He still look at the blood trait before he notice he see the trait end at the door of what seems to be an old Trader Joe's grocery store. From that, he had a grin in his face and chuckled at the royal guards hiding place.

"Well, if you're going to play hide and seek with me, then ready or not, here I come!" he shouted as he steady the Magnum to get ready to go.

The man enters the store quietly, felling the roots and shattered glass on the floor. Seeing nothing but darkness, he pull out a small silver flashlight and press the small button on it that would able to shine his view to try to find the creature he hate the most. Morgan look around the store to only witness the store items old and forgotten. He still looks around the store and fined only nothing, but then he notices on the floor the same blood trail from outside.