Chapter 42: Relief

The human decide to watch the sun in the sky while Applejack was beside him patting him. The fire has down to only leave out the ashes of the corpse in the ditch. The five ponies now wonder what to do with Morgan. Here they have a broken man watching the sunlight hoping this hell of his would end. Morgan would always look at the sun that represents Celestia and her forced tyrant control. It was the one thing that kept him alive and kept him motivating to bring back his people to stop Celestia from making this world hers.

"Hey Applejack, I don't know if this a good time to say, but I'm sorry for trying to kill you and harming you," Morgan as he stared at his hands full of scars.

Applejack looks at the human not expecting to have an apology by him. She watches as he just stared at the sun.

"This sun always makes me wanting to scream and I'm full of rage of what she has done to my people I just blow it off on the guards and you guys. Sometimes I don't know if she's the monster or if the monster is me?"

The farm earth pony looks at the sun seeing the yellow sun shining the deserted human city.

"I think you just need to ease up. I know it's not easy to be in a situation like ya, but I know you need to recover from it. Your anger can't get you nowhere if you let it hold you down."

Morgan nods his head agreeing with the earth pony.

"Well, what about you?" he asked as Applejack look at him concerned of his next question. "Do you feel mad at me for doing my crimes?"

Applejack look down at the ground not knowing what her answer might affect Morgan.

"I am, but I don't think ya did it just for the fun of it. I now realize how mess up you is," she replies.

"That's not the first time I have been called that," the human mentioned as he chuckled.

Now Morgan and Applejack look back at the sun, wondering what to do now.

"I just realized how beautiful the sun actually is," the human blurted out. "So much time I think about Celestia that I forgot how the sun truly looks like. It's kind of an eye opening thing if you ask me."

As the two watch the sun, Twilight put her hoof on Morgan's shoulder to get the human's attention.

"I think it's time we need to talk about your past and your experiments."

Back in the fortified apartment of Morgan, Natalie looks at the clear room that was once full of dead royal guards. She never knew how much pain and suffering her husband faced when he was all alone in the pony world. She spends so much time underground that she forgot how the outside world was. The room was clear with no blood and no bodies, and now she only sees the white clear walls from four corners.

"It's a good thing that I remember how to use my magic to clean quicker," she said.

She goes in the elevator and presses the top bottom to go back to main floor. The elevator made its destination and Natalie exit to see Lily looking around the room. It's was nice to have another female companion around since it reminded the mutant her past life and how life was nice and sweet and not cruel.

"Wow, Morgan has a lot of cool stuff!" Lily exclaimed as she then went to the chess table and sat down on the chair across from the statue of Caesar. "Hey Natalie, what happen to this guy. Why can't he talk?"

"Oh Lily, that's just a statue. An object made just to have people admire it like art," said Natalie as she giggles at Lily's childish and innocent behavior.

"Oh, so he's not a human. That's why he always makes the same face and doesn't talk when I try to talk with him."

Natalie giggled once more to hug Lily. They then begin to look around seeing the many artifacts Morgan place on the walls. His wife was surprised to see many paintings and artifacts that should belong to the museums. Lily on the other hand was very interested to know what each paintings means and what artifacts looks the most awesome. While looking around, Natalie found a tape recorder in a box with wired headphones. She grabs them out of the box and sat at the chess table. She places the recorder on her lap and connects the headphones to the electric device. She then put the headphones on and she press play on the recorder to hear Morgan's voice.