Five

Jason's POV
I wake up this morning to an empty bed. After about 15 minutes of arguing last night, I finally convinced Chelsea to sleep in my bed with me. I get out of bed, throwing on a t-shirt and making my way to the front of the bus. I find Chelsea sleeping peacefully on the couch. I crouch down and gently try to wake her up. "Hey sleepy head, it's time to wake up." I say running my fingers through her hair. "If you do that, that makes me not want to get up." She says with a sleepy grin and squinty eyes. "Why are you sleeping out here?" I ask her. "I couldn't sleep. I have a lot on my mind and I didn't want to wake you." Chelsea says looking down. "I want you to talk to me when you get that way. I don't care what time it is or if you wake me up. Do you want to talk about it?" "I just laid there last night wondering what this is. Jason, we've seen each other once in 13 years, and here I am  out on the road with you for two weeks. What are we doing?" She asks finally meeting my eyes. Before I could answer her, my manager comes on the bus telling me it's time to get ready for my radio interview. "We will finish this later."

I walk into the studio and sit in the chair as the radio DJ introduces me. "Jason Aldean! How ya doing man?" He asks. "I'm doing good. Enjoying a day off today before the show tomorrow." I tell him. As he's asking me questions, I notice that he keeps looking over at Chelsea, who is sitting next to my manager. "That's a beautiful girl you brought with you. Want to let us in on who that is?" "That is Chelsea. She was my best friend back in Macon. We had lost touch since I moved to Nashville, but she came to a show a while back and we've obviously reconnected." I say looking over at Chelsea. "You say she "was" your best friend. What does that mean?" "Well, I'm hoping to sweep her off her feet and make her mine." I lock eyes with Chelsea as shock appears on her face. She definitely wasn't expecting that answer.

Chelsea's POV
After Jason's radio interview, we head back to the bus. Once we are alone, Jason starts talking. "Do you wanna pick up where we left off?" He asks as we both sit on the couch. "Is what you said at the radio station true? You want me to be yours?" I ask him nervously. "Chelsea, I've wanted to make you mine for a long time. I was terrified to lose you so I kept you as a friend. I know it sounds stupid, but I settled for Jessica because I always thought that you were too good for me." Jason says looking down. I gently grab his chin and turn his head towards me. "Jase, I've been in love with you since I was 16. That's why I always got upset when you brought Jessica around. It broke me when y'all moved to Nashville together. I haven't reached out to you in so long because I honestly believed that you had forgotten about me." I start getting teary eyed and Jason wraps his arms around me. "I know that we are different people now but I want to give this a shot. I want you to be mine." Jason says with a smile. "I want to be yours. I've wanted that for a long time." Jason leans down and kisses me. "Don't ever leave me, ok?" I whisper as we pull away.

Since Jason has the night off, we are spending some time alone getting to know the new us. "So, I'm probably going to regret asking this, but do you have any crazy exes that I need to know about?" Jason asks with a laugh. "I have a few exes but none that are crazy. I had one that had a hard time letting go but I haven't heard from him in years." I say laughing. "I was only with Jessica and we ended on pretty good terms. I haven't heard from her since I moved out." After talking and laughing together for a couple hours, I start getting tired. "Can we go to bed and cuddle?" I ask him kissing his cheek. "That's one of the best ideas that you've had all day."