Twelve

Jason's POV
We pull into moms driveway, and I see Chelsea tense up. "What's wrong?" I ask her, rubbing my thumb on the back of her hand. "I haven't seen your mom in so long. She probably hates me after all the things I said to you. I don't know if I can go in there." Chelsea says looking at me. "Baby, my mom doesn't hate you. Every time I talk to her, she asks about you. She is so happy that you and I are giving this a shot." I tell her with a smile, which in turn, makes her smile. "Look she is standing on the porch waiting for us." I add, and lean over to kiss Chelsea before we get out of the truck.

Chelsea stands back while I hug and kiss my mom. When we pull away, I turn towards her with a huge smile. "Chelsea, honey, what are you waiting for? Get over here and hug me." My mom says, making Chelsea laugh. Chelsea walks up and her and my mother embrace each other. "Let's get y'all inside. Jason can take the bags upstairs and you can come help me with dinner." Mom tells Chelsea. "I'd be happy to." Chelsea replies. I give her a quick kiss before we go out separate ways.

Chelsea's POV
"Chelsea, I just want a second to tell you how happy I am that you and Jason found each other again. I haven't seen him this happy in a long time." Jason's mom, Debbie, says. "I've never been this happy. He still gives me the butterflies he did when we were in high school. I never had the guts to tell him how I felt, and then Jessica came along. Trust me, now that I can call him mine, I'm never letting him go." I tell her with a big cheesy grin. Debbie and I start getting dinner prepared when Jason walks in. "What are my favorite girls in here talking about?" He asks walking over to stand next to me. "You." I tell him as I lean up, asking for a kiss. "I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing." He says as we pull away. "Always good things baby."

After dinner, I went upstairs to take a shower. After I put my pajamas on, I make my way downstairs to the kitchen. I'm almost to the doorway of the kitchen when I hear Jason and his mom talking, so I stop. "Jason, that girl loves you something fierce." "I love her too mom. Like to the point that it drives me crazy to be away from her." Jase says, and it starts to bring tears to my eyes. "Don't let her go this time son." Debbie says seriously. "I wouldn't dream of it. She's the one mom. Chelsea is the one that I will spend the rest of my life with, the one that I will start a family with." Before I hear anything else, I tip toe towards the stairs and make it sound like I'm just coming down. I walk into the kitchen and Debbie excuses herself, and heads up to bed. I walk up to Jason, who is sitting on the counter, and wrap my arms around him. "You're the one for me too." I say looking up at him. "How much did you hear?" Jase asks with a smile. "Enough to make me the happiest girl in the world." Jason leans down, placing his hands in the side of my face, kissing me passionately. "I love you Chels." "I love you too. Let's go to bed." I grab his hand and lead him upstairs. Once settled, I fall asleep in the arms of the man I love.