10- Did she just...

"Does Ever like chocolate or vanilla?" I asked Elliot. 

"Chocolate," He answered and walked into the kitchen. "What are you doing?"

"Baking cupcakes." I gestured to the mixing bowl on the table. I mixed the chocolate  with the batter and poured it into the cupcake tray.

"I can't believe it's already the big day," Elliot said and took the cupcake tray to the oven. He walked back to the table and sat down next to me.  

"Are you nervous?" I asked him noticing how he kept twirling the bracelet on his wrist. 

"Terrified," He admitted. "I'm probably more scared than Ever."

I gave him a hug to calm his nerves and went to go check on the cupcakes. I took them out of the oven and set them on the counter to cool. 

"I'm going to change while the cupcakes cool," I told Elliot. 

I went into my room and changed my pajamas for leggings and a long sleeved shirt. After I got dressed, I went back into the kitchen to finish frosting the cupcakes. Elliot went to go change while I put the cupcakes in a box for Ever. 

"Ready?" Elliot asked, walking into the kitchen. 

"Yeah. Are you?"

"Not really. I'm really scared, Jasper." He sounded like a little boy. "What if something goes wrong? What if the blood doesn't work? What if—"

"Shut up!" I told him. "Ever is going to be fine. She's going to be okay. You just need to shut the fuck up."

"I expected something comforting, J." Elliot gave me a small grin. 

"Here." I handed him the cupcake box. "Hold those and don't make any "what if" comments." 

He followed me to his car. The car ride was pretty silent since we were both thinking. We parked the car at the hospital and went to Ever's room to see her before her blood transfer. 

As soon as we opened the door Ever started crying. Elliot rushed to her side and hugged her against his chest. 

"I'm scared, Dada." She sobbed. Elliot rubbed her back gently and murmured that it was going to be okay. 

Did she just call him "Dada" as in Dad? I'm probably just imagining things. 

I pushed the thought out of my head.

"Ever, I promise, it's going to be okay." Elliot was assuring Ever. He wiped away her tears with his thumbs. "Jasper even made you some cupcakes."

"Really?" Ever asked, sniffling. She peered over Elliot's arms and looked at me. 

"Yup, I made them just for you." I showed her the box. 

"Thank you." Ever got off her bed and walked over to me. She climbed into my lap and hugged me. 

A knock on the door interrupted us. A nurse wearing Mickey Mouse scrubs entered the room. 

"Ever?" He crouched down in front of Ever and I. Ever looked at him, curiously. "Hi, I'm Nick. I'm going to help you today, okay?"

Ever glanced at Elliot and focused back on Nick. "Okay," she said, standing back on the ground. 

Nick lifted her and held her against his body. He turned to Elliot and let Ever hug him one more time before taking her for the surgery.

"Bye, Dada," Ever waved to Elliot as Nick carried her to another room. 

"Bye, Jellybean." Elliot said as she disappeared from our view. 

We went back into her room and waited for the rest of Elliot's family to get here. 

"Elliot?" I asked him. He looked up from the ground in question. "Ever called you Dada twice."

Elliot got this nervous look on his face. "She...uh..."

I stared at him with the "don't give me bullshit" look. He let out a deep sigh.

"She's my daughter."

    •••

That was a really short chapter and probably not the best way to reveal something. 

Thanks for reading :)

Comment, Vote

Love y'all ♥♥♥