27- Meet the Family

"JASPER!" Hunter screamed and ran into the living room to greet us.

"Hunter!" I grinned and hugged him. He turned to Elliot and gave him a careful hug. Hunter picked up Ever and spun her around before wrapping her in a giant bear hug.

We were all at my stepdad's house for my family's get together that we have every year. That was the first year I ever showed up with someone else.

"Look at you," Hunter said, stepping back to take a good look at me. "You're so grown up, sweetheart!" He wailed. "I thought you'd be my little girl forever." He looked down at Ever. "Don't you dare grow up," He warned her.

Ever nodded and hid behind Elliot causing us to laugh.

"DAD!" Courtney shouted from the door before sprinting inside to hug Hunter.

Elliot stared at them in confusion.

"Wait," He whispered.

"I'll explain it all," I assured him with a quick kiss.

"Okay," He agreed and looked down at Issac who was in his arms.

"Oh my god! She's so cute!" Courtney squealed picking up Ever and twirling her around.

"I feel sick," Ever moaned as Courtney set her back down.

"Dude, that's so cool!" My sister exclaimed gesturing to Issac. "He has heterochromia"

"Hi," Someone whispered next to me. I jumped and slapped them.

"OW!" Jacob yelped in pain.

"Sorry," I apologized and hugged him. "You can't sneak up on me like that!"

"This is Ever?" Jacob asked looking down at the 8 year old.

"Yup," Ever answered. "Please, don't—never mind." She ended her sentence when Jacob picked her up and spun her around.

"Hey, where's Emily?" I asked looking around.

"JACOB LUCAS BANKS!" Emily screeched while carrying the twins.

"Crap," Jacob cursed and ran to go help his wife.

"Hey, Em," I greeted her and took one of the twins. He stared at me and stared giggling before planting a big kiss on my cheek.

"I taught him to do that," Jacob said, proudly while carrying a bag.

Eliot leaned over to me. "I love your family," he whispered.

   •~•~•   

"The kids are finally asleep," Emily said walking downstairs. She plopped down on the couch next to her husband and let out a huge sigh.

"Movie?" Jacob suggested holding up the remote.

I shook my head. "Nah, let's just talk."

"I'm going to fix up some snacks and drinks for everyone," Emily annouced.

"I'll help you," I said and got up to follow her into the kitchen. Courtney stood up and followed behind us.

"So, Jasper..." Emily started while taking out six mugs.

I gave her a wry look in response.

"Did he pop the question, yet?" She asked taking out the milk.

My jaw dropped.

"Emily!" I gasped while Courtney and Emily giggled. "We've only been dating for about a year! Don't rush us," I scolded.

"I don't know, Jasp, but it seems like he's going to ask," Courtney said, setting some cookies on a plate.

"Who?" Elliot asked coming into the kitchen. He hugged me from behind and kissed the top of my head. 

"The height difference is so cute," Emily cooed. 

"Someone answer my question," Elliot begged. 

"Maybe later, Elli," I said and handed him a cup of hot chocolate.

"Thanks, ladies," He told the three of us and took a sip before offering me the cup. 

I shook my head. "I'm good."

The four of us heading back into the lving room and talked before going to bed. 

"This was your room?" Elliot asked looking around my old bedroom. 

"Yeah. I got the bigger one because I had the wheelchair," I explained and opened up our suitcase to get pajamas. I pulled out Elliot's flannel pants and tossed to him before pulling out my tank top and pants. 

"Thanks," He said and changed. He slept shirtless, so he just changed his pants and pulled off his shirt. 

I changed my clothes and went to the bathroom before getting into bed. 

"Jasper?" Elliot asked as we laid there. 

"Yeah?" I turned to look at him. 

"Will I ever get to meet your mom and brother?"

"Tomorrow, we'll go together." I promised. 

   ••• 

Let's just start by saying how Dusk Till Dawn by Zayn and Sia & COmplicated by Dimitri Vegas, David Guetta, Like Mike, and Kiiara are such a fucking good songs. 

I'm obsessed with them. It's not healthy.

Y'all 13.7K Reads. I'm freaking out! 

Thanks for reading :)

Comment & Vote

Love y'all♥♥♥