11- Trust

"What do you mean?" I asked Elliot. 

"Ever is my daughter." He repeated. 

"But...you...she...How?"

Elliot looked at me funny. "Well, when two people, usually one male and one female have sex without protection, they make a baby."

I gave him a flat look. "I'm being serious. Why didn't you tell me before?"

"I was scared."

"Of what?" 

"What you'd think of me. How you'd treat Ever. If you would love the both of us." Elliot ran his hand through his hair and sighed before continuing. "I didn't want you to think that Ever was a burden. You already have so much going on and I didn't want to add to that."

I looked at him, unfazed. "How long?"

"What?" He sounded confused.

"How long where you going to hide the fact that Ever was your daughter?"

"I-I don't know—"

"Elliot a relationship is built on trust from both sides. I let you into my life, something I never let anyone do," I said. "But you tried to hide Ever from me because you thought I couldn't handle it. Because you thought that I was one of those people who are depressed and can't handle anything."

"Jasper I—"

I shook my head. "Save it. If you can't even trust me with your own daughter maybe you can't trust me to have a serious relationship."

"Jasper, please hear me out," Elliot begged. "I never meant to hide Ever from you. I wanted to tell you when the time was right. I really did. It was really hard for me, Jasp."

"Who was the mother?" I asked him.

"Her name was Coral." He got this faraway look. It was obvious he wasn't over her. 

I took a deep breath. "Elliot, I think that maybe we should take a break."

It hurt so much to say that, but something inside me told me I had to. 

"I understand." Elliot said, quietly. "Maybe its the best for both of us. Our relationship was moving way too fast anyway." He stood up. "I'll drive you home."

  •~•~• 

"You're moving back?" Jacob asked. 

"Yup!" I grinned. "I get to annoy you 24/7."

"Great," He groaned before giving me a hug.  "I missed you, weirdo."

"Jacob Lucas Banks! Get your ass over here!" Jacob's wife, Emily, shouted from the doorway. Jacob let go of me and ran over to his wife. She asked him to do something causing him to whine and complain. He trudged into the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. 

"Jasper!" Emily greeted me. She tried to hug me, but her stomach got in the way and she couldn't bend down. 

"Hey, Em. How's the baby?"

"Great. She's nocturnal, though," Emily laughed.  She sat down on the couch and rubbed her belly. 

"Here, baby." Jacob handed her a plate. 

"I love you, Jake," She told him. 

"I love you too," Jacob kissed her cheek and sat down next to her. 

Awwwww!

"Jasper!" My stepdad, Hunter, squealed. He sprinted over to me and hugged me tight. "I missed you!" He wailed. 

I awkwardly rubbed his back while Jake and Emily laughed. 

"How are you, honey?" He asked pulling back from the hug to actually look at me.

I shrugged. "Not as bad as I expected."

"If you want, I can take you to Mom and Jordan, later." Hunter suggested. 

"Thank you, Hunter." I gave him another hug. 

"Anything for you, Jasper." He smiled. He turned to Emily who was eating something. "What are you eating?"

"Pickles, peanut butter, sardines, Nutella, and ham slices all wrapped in a tortilla." Emily answered, nonchalantly. 

I scrunched my nose in disgust. "Since when did Jacob allow sardines in the house?"

"Since Emily got him wrapped around her finger," Hunter said. 

"Whipped," I teased my brother. 

He flipped me off in response. 

"I'm going to go to my room and unpack." I told them before leaving.

I went into my room and unpacked all my stuff before telling Hunter I was ready to go to the cemetery. 

"Do you want me to come with you?" Hunter asked as he parked outside the gates. 

I shook my head. "I want to do it by myself."

"Okay, I'll be in the car if you need me."

I got out of the car and into my wheelchair. Taking a deep breath, I went to their graves. 

I should've introduced Elliot to them. 

Jasper, you can't think about Elliot. 

I squeezed my eyes shut and ran my hand over Jordan's headstone. I turned to my mom's grave and burst into tears. 

"Mom, I made a huge mistake."

  ••• 

#182 in Chicklit and 549 reads! Thank you guys, so much!!!!

Q: How would you react if your boyfriend told you he had a kid?

 Thanks for reading :)

Comment, Vote

Love Y'all ♥♥♥