17- I don't know if I should be excited or not

"Jasper?" Elliot called from outside the bathroom. "Are you okay? You been in there for a while."

I took a deep breath and pulled up my pants before exiting the bathroom. Elliot let out a sigh of relief and leaned over my shoulder to look at the pregnancy test. The two lines stared back at us.

"I don't know if I should be excited or not," I admitted.

Elliot chuckled and hugged me. "I don't either, Jasp."

"Should I book an appointment?" I asked him once I washed my hands and threw the test away.

"I'll do it. We can go together to get this all sorted out." He assured me.

I walked into the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. I needed to distract myself and cooking was the best way.

"What should I make for dinner?" I asked Elliot as I peered into the refrigerator.

"I'll make dinner, you need to relax," Elliot said pulling me out of the kitchen.

"Fine." I sighed and went into the living room to watch some TV. Ever was at her grandparents' house for the week, so it was just Elliot and I.

About an hour later, Elliot brought me a plate and sat down on the couch. He's an amazing cook and made us some chicken Parmesan for dinner. We were quiet while we ate. Once I finished, Elliot took our plates away and we cuddled on the couch while watching reruns of Friends.

"Jasper?" Elliot asked, suddenly.

"Yeah?" I looked up at him.

"When did we have sex?"

"I moved in with you guys on October 14th. A week later, we had sex. So that's the 21st."

"Today's November 22th. You've been pregnant for almost 5 weeks." Elliot concluded. "In either January or February, we'll find out whether it's a boy or a girl." I nodded and took his hand in mine.

"Elliot?" I asked. Once I got his attention, I continued. "What are we?"

"Technically, we're dating," He said lifting my left hand up to his lips. He softly kissed my ring finger, sending tingles and sparks throughout my whole body. "And I love you, but you probably don't. That's okay, though."

I sighed. "I don't know for sure, Elli, but I think that I'm in love with you. I just want to be sure before I say it."

"Take your time, we have a whole lifetime ahead of us," Elliot said and smiled.

•~•~•

"Wait, so you want me to blend it all together?" Elliot asked.

"Yup," I confirmed. "Add some Cheetos on top."

"That's gross," Ever said while rubbing my belly.

"At least you don't have to make it," Elliot mumbled and turned on the blender. I laughed and turned my attention back to Ever.

"How did it get inside you?" She asked. I was 22 weeks pregnant and it was starting to show. I wouldn't say my belly was huge, but it was definitely obvious. Tomorrow, Elliot and I had an appointment to get an ultrasound and find the baby's gender.

"Magic," I told Ever. "The baby fairy came to me one night and told me that Everly needs a sister or brother. Then using her magic wand she put a baby inside me."

Elliot chuckled from the kitchen. I shot him a look which made him shut up. He grumbled and brought me my smoothie.

"Here, babe." He handed me the glass and kissed me on the lips.

"Ewww," Ever said peering into the glass. I took a big sniff and sighed in satisfaction. It smelled like heaven.

I took a gulp of it and smiled in content. "Thanks," I said to Elliot. He sat down next to Ever and I on the couch. He wrapped his arm around me and rested his head on my shoulder.

"Want some?" I asked Ever.

She looked at the greenish brown concoction and frowned. "Does it taste good?"

"Amazing," I assured her.

She hesitantly leaned forward and took a small sip. "EWW!" She squealed and ran to go spit it out in the sink. "What was in there?" She asked walking back to the couch with a juice box.

"Pickles, tomatoes, bacon, chocolate ice cream, oatmeal, black beans, spinach, garlic, and cheetos," Elliot answered. "We better get used to it since she has about 18 more weeks to go."

"Hey!" I whined.

"Love you," Elliot said kissing my cheek. He turned to Ever and lifted her into his arms. "Let's get you to bed. We have a big day tomorrow," He told her while walking upstairs.

About 15 minutes later, I finished my drink and was loading the dishwasher when Elliot came back down.

"You nervous?" He asked. I turned on the dishwasher and washed my hands before shaking my head.

"Not really," I said and leaned against the counter. Elliot walked forward and placed his hands on my stomach.

"Can you believe it?" He whispered. "You're going to be a mother to two children. Ever and whoever is in here." He crouched down and lifted my shirt. I smiled as he kissed my bare stomach. Tears pooled in my eyes at his love for children. He stood back up and pressed his forehead against mine.

"Are you crying?" He asked.

"No," I sobbed.

"Aw, babe," He cooed and hugged me against his shirt. "I love you."

"If I say something, please don't say anything cheesy or emotional."

"Okay. Why—"

"I love you, too."

Elliot's face blanked before he processed what I said. He opened his mouth to squeal, but I clamped my hand over his mouth.

"Ever's sleeping," I reminded him.

"This is the best day ever," He said. " I love you," He repeated while kissing me.

I started to cry again.

Elliot pulled back. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault," I sniffled. "It's the hormones," I wailed.

"I forgot about those," He groaned and cringing at a memory.

•••

Is it a boy or a girl?

And just so y'all know, Elliot and Jasper aren't discriminating Ever and the new baby. They're just excited because they created this new child. Ever is still loved, don't worry.

Thanks for reading :)

Comment, Vote

Love y'all ♥♥♥