Chapter 9

♡Rose♡

The next morning when I woke up, I looked over expecting to see Brendon next to me. To my surprise, he wasn't there. I yawned and walked into the kitchen. He wasn't there either. Finally, I went to look in the living room, where he still wasn't there. 

"Brendon? Hey Bren, You here?" I waited for an answer, but it never came. 

I walked over and sat on the couch and turned on the TV. I checked my phone to see if there was anything from Brendon, but there wasn't. I sat there, scrolling through Twitter seeing tweets like, 

@PanicInTheBreadBin- Omg! I love the new chick in Panic! She's so pretty and has such a good voice!

I smiled and liked the Tweet. Some of the tweets were like this, nice and happy. But others made you want to curl up and die in a hole. 

@BeebosOnlyFan- Eww. The new girl in panic is disgusting. When she sings she sounds like a dying whale. Thinking of it, she kinda looks like one too. She should just kill herself already.

I could feel my eyes start to water, but I told myself that I wouldn't cry. I mean that's what being famous is like. Sometimes you see things that make you super happy and make you feel like you're making a difference in this hell we call earth. But other times you just want to die. 

I jumped when I heard the front door open and then I heard Brendon yell, "Hey Rose! I got Starbucks!" I got up from the couch and wiped my eyes.

"Hey, Bren." He handed me a cup and I took a sip of it.

"Oh my god, thank you so much! How did you know my favorite?" I asked, trying to hide the fact that I was crying.

"Well that's like all you orde- Oh my god! Were you crying! What happened?" I felt my face go red and started to think about the mean comments. I Looked up at him and caved in. He sat down next to me and pulled me into his chest. 

"Hey, it's okay. Everything is going to be okay." He kept saying.

After crying for a while I finally got the courage to tell him what was wrong. "Uh- Well, I-I umm I was s-scrolling through Twitter and I got a lo-lot of hate." I stuttered out. I pulled out my phone and showed him the tweets. He looked at my phone and just sighed.

"Hey, it's okay. You should never believe the mean things people say or let them get to you, cause it's not true. Believe me, if I had a dollar for every time I saw someone say something mean about me online, I'd be a millionaire." He hugged me. "I think you're really pretty and you definitely don't deserve this hate." Brendon pulled out his phone and started to type something. A few seconds later my phone buzzed and showed a notification from Twitter saying, 

@BrendonUrie- Hey guys, I would just like to say a quick thing. Those of you who have been sending hate towards @RoseLancaster I would just like to say, Fuck you. What has she ever done to you? Let's see, absolutely nothing. If you don't like Rose stop listening to panic because she's now a part of it.

I looked up at him and hugged him. "Thank you. Thank you so much." I muttered into his shoulder. He lifted my chin and gave me a quick kiss. 

"Do you think you're gonna be okay?" he asked and I nodded. 

After hanging out for a while longer, Brendon drove me home. When I got to my apartment I opened the door and I was greeted by Ally and my sister fighting about something that was on T.V. I just laughed and walked into the kitchen to get something to eat.

"So? How was last night?" Ally asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Ally, how many times do I have to tell you, it wasn't like that."

"Wasn't like what?" My mom said, walking into the kitchen.

"Oh, Rose and Brendon-" I hurried and ran over to Ally and put my hand over her mouth.

"Nothing. I just slept over at Brendons. I slept on the couch. Everything was great. He got me coffee." I smiled, trying to act like I hadn't just told a complete lie, to both of them.

My mom just slowly nodded and walked into the living room. "What the hell Ally?"

Ally just shrugged her shoulders. "Look Rose, you're literally 25. It's not like you're a kid anymore. You're obviously not a virgin anymore and I think, well hope, that your mom knows that by now. You don't have to lie to your mom about sleeping in the same bed as a guy, especially one who you've had a crush on for years. I mean it's not like you two did anything anyway, right?" I just gave her a blank look. "Holy shit Rose! what happened last night?!"

"We may or may not have made out, pretty heavily I might add." I shrugged and poured myself a cup of coffee. 

"You're joking. You've got to be joking Rose." Ally said, completely caught off guard.

I shook my head. "Definitely not lying."

"So how was it then? All you've ever dreamed of?" she asked, sitting on the edge of her seat. 

"That and more," I replied. Then I told her about the shower incident that had happened earlier. 

The look on her face was pure disbelief. "Jesus Rose. Go you!"

Finally, my mom called us to the living room, and Ally and I sat down on the couch.

"Hey Jess, so how are you? I haven't exactly had a chance to talk to you since you got here." I asked.

Jess looked over at me and said, "I'm good! Hey, Guess what?" She said, her eyes lighting up.

"What?"

"I got a boyfriend!" She smiled and I laughed. Jess was 15 and she was in 9th grade. She was lucky. I didn't have a boyfriend till I was in 11th grade.

"Lucky butt!" I said lightly punching her on the arm. "So are you, mom, and Jay gonna come and see me perform?"

"Of course we are!! Well, when you're in Ohio anyway." I laughed.

"Hey so speaking of Jay, how is he? I haven't heard from him in a while." Jay was only 2 years older than me. We were close when we were young but ended up growing apart throughout the years.

"He's good from what I know. I think he's living in New York with his girlfriend now." I was honestly surprised. Surprised at the fact that he had a girlfriend and the fact that he was in New York.

"Wow, so he's not living at home anymore? Since when?" I asked.

"He moved out last year."

"And none of you thought to tell me?" It came out angrier than I intended it to be.

"Sorry, I didn't know you cared."

"It's okay," I said as I stood up.