Chapter 26

Edited (12-15-18)

♡Rose♡

When Brendon woke up I begged the doctors and nurses to let me see him, however, they wouldn't.  They wouldn't even tell me how he was doing.

After a full day of wondering if he was okay, the doctor finally came into the waiting area and said I could go see him. I ran to the room they were keeping him and pushed through the door. There he was, sleeping. With machines and cords all over him.

When I saw him laying there, all helpless and borderline lifeless, I broke down and started to cry. This was all my fault. It shouldn't be him in that bed, it should be me. I should be the one who has to go through all the hell he is going through. Fighting for his life.

After I stopped crying I stood up from the floor and pulled a chair over to the side of the bed. I looked down and saw his hand a grabbed it. I held on to his hand, and it took everything in me not to have a meltdown.

I sat there, holding his hand, and I even started to pray. I never pray. I'm not the relgious type, never have been.

After about 30 minutes, the doctor walked in and Brendon still wasn't awake. So far I was the only person who was here from the band. They should be here, I thought. Maybe they didn't know.

"So Mrs. Urie-"

I looked up at him and shook my head, "We're not married, I'm just his girlfriend. Call me Ms. Lancaster." He nodded and continued.

"So Ms. Lancaster, it looks like Brendon here has a minor concussion in addition to the bullet wound." I nodded in acceptance. " Yesterday he woke up from the medically induced coma we gave him to take away some of the pain from the injury, and to help while we were trying to get the bullet out." He paused, "As you can tell, there were some complications. After he woke up from the coma yesterday, he slipped back into another one. It's hard to tell when he'll wake up because we weren't able to run the needed tests while he was awake, so unfortunately we don't know the full extent to his injuries." I nodded and I could feel a tear run down my cheek. "When and if he wakes up-"

I stopped him, "No, he will wake up. There is no if's, only when's." The doctor nodded and then continued.

"When Brendon wakes up, he may have holes or gaps in his memories. He may not remember how to do certain things or he might not remember certain things or people." He paused to let the information sink in. "Your job is going to be to help him remember if he doesn't. Another thing that could be affected is he may be paralyzed or have issues with seeing. It's hard to tell at this stage. We will let you know what's going on as we find out. Do you have any questions?"

I looked down and shook my head. I looked back up and said, "Thank you." He nodded and walked out.

I pulled out my phone and texted the crew. I told then to get thier asses down here as soon as they could.

After they got here I told them everything that the doctor had told me. It was hard to re-tell them what the doctor had said, and most of what I had said just sounded like a bunch of mumbling and crying.

Everyone was really comforting and it was nice to have people there for me.

☆Brendon☆

I was running. I was running fast. I could see the light. It was following me. No. I couldn't let the light reach me. I couldn't die. I couldn't leave Rose. That wasn't an option.

The light seemed to follow me where ever I went. It didn't matter how fast or far I ran, when I looked back it was always there. Ten feet behind me.

I was running in circles around the hospital. I tried to run out, to leave, to get away from the light but something wouldn't let me leave.

I ran back to the room that my body was in and I saw Rose sitting there, holding my hand, with all of the guys behind her.

I wanted so badly to touch her, to let her know that I was right there with her, but I couldn't. I looked behind me and saw that the light was gone. It wasn't there.

"Rose" I whispered. She looked up and looked around the room. Could she hear me? I tried again and she continued to look. "Hey, it's all going to be ok, keep doing whatever you're doing. I'm going to be ok, just hold on." She nodded and started to cry.

I touched my body and if was almost like I was suddenly sucked back into my body.

♡Rose♡

"Hey, it's all going to be ok, keep doing whatever you're doing. I'm going to be ok, just hold on." I heard a voice say. It could only be Brendon. I nodded and I started to cry.

All of a sudden Brendon started shaking and it looked like he was having a sezuire. I hurried and backed away and called for the doctor.

The doctor rushed in and they gave him some kind of drug that made him stop shaking. His heartbeat went back to normal and the doctor looked at me.

"What happened?"

I looked up and said, "I heard a voice say, 'Hey, it's all going to be ok, keep doing whatever you're doing. I'm going to be ok, just hold on.' And then all of a sudden he just started shaking so I called for you." He nodded and wrote something down on a piece of paper.

"This is a good sign. It means that he might be getting better. He might wake up today or tomorrow." I nodded and smiled. Maybe everything was going to be okay.