Chapter 28

♡Rose♡

"Get your ass out of bed and let's go shopping girl!!" I heard a feminine voice scream in my ear. I pulled the pillow over my head and tried to go back to sleep, but the yelling continued. Finally, I decided to get up because I didn't want the dogs to start barking.

"Fine, if you'll stop yelling in my ear," I said as I pushed the white cotton bedspread off of me. I looked over at Brendon's side and sighed. I missed him so much.

Finally, I rolled out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and cringed at what was looking back at me. I had forgotten to take my makeup off the night before, so now it was all underneath my eyes. My hair wasn't much worse either.

I brushed through my hair and got into the shower. The warm water felt good on my skin, and it somehow was relaxing. Taking in a deep breath, I stepped out of the shower, wrapping the towel around me.

I threw on Brendon's white shirt with black stripes. Ever since he went to the hospital, I've been wearing his clothes because it made me feel closer to him. Like he was right here with me.

I went into what I made my side of the closet and found a pair of light-wash skinny jeans. I threw them on and walked back into the bathroom and put on a little bit of makeup, just to make it look like I wasn't actually dead.

After I was done I walked out into the living room where I saw Ally sitting down on the couch, watching something on TV. "Hey Ally, are we going to go or what," I said with false excitement. She didn't know that though.

She jumped up off of the couch and came and tackled me to the ground with a hug. "Well someone is sure excited to see me." She laughed.

"Yeah, well I mean you are my best friend." She said while extending her arm to help me get up. I grabbed her hand and she pulled me up. "Hey, I already fed the dogs by the way. All we're waiting for is for you to get your shoes on." She smiled while walking to the door.

I followed her, grabbing my shoes that were neatly laying next to the door. I hurried and slipped them on and off we went.

"So where do you want to go first?" She questioned. I tried to think about places there were. First off I wanted- no needed- coffee.

"Starbucks- turn left right here," I said abruptly. She sharply turned the car left and everything in the back of my car went flying. We both laughed.

After we got done with our coffee we walked around the mall. She bought me a really nice party dress and said, "you're wearing this tonight. I don't care what you say." I just rolled my eyes. Like she was going to be able to get me to go out tonight.

After we were done shopping, I remembered that I need to go buy new flowers for Brendon's room. On our way walking back to the car we stumbled across the flower shop. I walked in and bought a bunch of yellow roses.

"Hey on our way back to the house, can we stop by the hospital? I want to put these in Brendon's room." I said, holding up the flowers.

"Definitely." She said, smiling.

Driving to the hospital was long and quiet. Neither of us said anything. I tried to turn on the radio, for noise, but I just ended up turning it off because they started playing a panic song, and I was not about to cry.

Once we got to the hospital, we both went straight to Brendon's room. I walked over to the side table and threw the dead flowers away, replacing them with brand new ones.

"They look nice." I heard Ally say from the doorway. I nodded and smiled at the flowers. They looked as if they were supposed to be there. I walked over to Brendon and kissed him on the forehead. I could have sworn that when my lips met his skin, his heartbeat got faster. Although, it was probably just my imagination.

After going to the hospital, we went home to get ready for tonight. I was still unsure about tonight. It just didn't seem right. Going out to a party while my boyfriend was in the hospital. It just wasn't fair.

But Brendon wouldn't have wanted me to suffer the way I have been. I decided it was now or never. I walked into the bathroom with Ally, who helped me get ready.

After she was all done with my makeup I put on the purple mini dress with purple-ish gold sequins. It looked nice, but it just didn't seem like me. After putting it on I examined myself in the mirror. I missed having Brendon's shirt on my back.

Instead of having one of his shirts, I decided to put on one of his rings. I put it on my ring finger, hoping that people would realize that I wasn't available and wouldn't hit on me, we were going to a club after all.

After we were done getting ready, we went out to the car. I sat in the passenger seat, silently. I think Ally could tell that I really didn't want to do this, that I was only doing it for her. I know that all she was trying to do was help, so I tried to help her help me.

"Are you ready?" I just nodded and smiled, a fake smile. How could I be happy? I wasn't. That's the answer. I couldn't be able to be happy until Brendon was okay. The fact that he wasn't okay was slowly breaking my heart in half.

"Hey, it's all going to be okay." I just nodded, holding back the tears. I pushed my brown hair out of my face and nodded once more. Everything was going to be fine.