Chapter 18: Reparations

She peeked inside the room...

She saw Wang Yuan playing the piano and singing his newest song (阳光不锈). After Wang Yuan finished she slowly crept into the room.

Wang Yuan was about to start another song when he noticed Mei Xin.

"Hey, I already had breakfast. What's up?" he asked. Mei Xin's eyes began to water again, and then Wang Yuan realized something wasn't right.

"What's wrong?" asked Wang Yuan softly.

"J...Ju...Jun Kai...sniffle... has... sniffled... a... arranged...m...ma..." stuttered Mei Xin. Wang Yuan sighed and said, "Jun Kai..." as he went over to comfort Mei Xin. He handed her tissues to blow her nose and wipe off the tears as he quickly texted Jun Kai.

Unfortunately Jun Kai was being dragged around by An An so he couldn't respond to any of Wang Yuan's texts.

"Can you play and sing more songs?" she asked. Wang Yuan nodded and started another song.

Song after song he played and sang: "Because I met you," "Tian Hei Hei" (Dark Dark Sky), "Twilight" (by JJ Lin), "Practice love" (also by JJ Lin), etc.

Mei Xin finally calmed down after Wang Yuan played through his song list.

"You better?" asked Wang Yuan. Mei Xin nodded her head and ended up putting her head on Wang Yuan's lap as she fell asleep.

Qian Xi finally entered the room after watching from the door.

"Qian Xi!" whispered Wang Yuan surprised, "This isn't what it looks like."

"I know, I've been watching," Qian Xi said.

"What happened down there? I was just playing the piano and suddenly she walks in and ends up crying," asked Wang Yuan.

"Well Jun Kai's arranged one, An An, choose to show up at the worst time. And then decided to insult Mei Xin and drag Jun Kai off to shopping," explained Qian Xi.

Wang Yuan sighed, "Poor Mei Xin."

Eventually Wang Yuan and Qian Xi moved Mei Xin to the guest bedroom and decided to wait for either Jun Kai to get home or Mei Xin to wake up.

Jun Kai ended up getting home first.

"Jun Kai, what are you going to do about her?" asked Qian Xi.

"I...still don't know. I don't want An An but my parents..." said Jun Kai.

"So you're just going to lead Mei Xin on? You're going to just listen to your parents and marry some ridiculous girl that you never wanted? You're a coward Jun Kai. Mei Xin came to me crying. YOU...DID...THAT. Do you want to become Ceng Ying only this time you're messing with her feelings?" exploded Wang Yuan. Jun Kai was stunned.

"At the very least, when she wakes up go apologize to her," added Qian Xi. Jun Kai sat down on the couch slowly.

"I didn't mean to do this..." Jun Kai said as he voice cracked. "I...just don't know what to do to tell my parents no."

"Sorry Ge (remember, it means brother), I didn't mean to explode. You just had to know," said Wang Yuan quietly.

"If Mei Xin still wants to be my girlfriend, then I'll fight for her, even if my parents are against it. Will you two help me?" declared Jun Kai.

"Who do you think we are?" joked Wang Yuan.

"Of course we will," answered Qian Xi.

Mei Xin POV:

Mei Xin woke up in the guest room (basically now her room). She silently started down the stairs when she heard them talking.

"I...still don't know. I don't want An An but my parents..." said Jun Kai.

"So you're just going to lead Mei Xin on? You're going to just listen to your parents and marry some ridiculous girl that you never wanted? You're a coward Jun Kai. Mei Xin came to me crying. YOU...DID...THAT. Do you want to become Ceng Ying only this time you're messing with her feelings?" exploded Wang Yuan.

...

...

"If Mei Xin still wants to be my girlfriend, then I'll fight for her, even if my parents are against it. Will you two help me?" declared Jun Kai.

Mei Xin felt bad. She didn't mean to cry and try to run away. And after hearing Jun Kai's declaration she felt a lot better and super happy that Jun Kai wasn't going to marry that disgusting girl. She headed into the living room with a bit of a skip to talk with Jun Kai.