➸ Chapter 8

Walking into his room, I see him laying on the bed, relaxed and he has his eyes closed

Walking into his room, I see him laying on the bed, relaxed and he has his eyes closed. Walking slowly, I stand beside his bed. "Hey," I greet him.

He opens his eyes. "Hey," his voice is hoarse. I quickly give him a glass of water, that was on the table and he immediately gulps it in one go.

I take the glass and put it on the table. "How are you feeling?" I sit beside his bed and look at him with concern.

"I am fine now, I already healed," he mentions with a smile.

"Well that's good," I breathe. A throat cleared behind me making me look behind. Angie, with smirks on her face.

"Nick this is my sister Angie. Angie this is my mate Nick."

"So this is my sister's mate," she observes him with a narrow eyes.

"You don't talk much do you?" she utters. He sheepishly shakes his head.

She hums, nodding. "I see."

'I will leave you with him,' she speaks through mind link. I look at her and nod my head in reply.

"Nice meeting you Nick."

"You too Angie," he tells her, giving a small smile. She smiles back, looking at me one last time and leaves.

"I will walk you to our room," I stand up and help him get up from the bed.

We walk down the corridor with him walking behind me and make my way to my room or should I say our room.

●●●

"The bathroom is over there-"I point to the bathroom. "-if you want to take a shower, I will ask a maid to bring you fresh clothes," I look at him and he nods his head.

'Marla, can you bring me some T-shirts, shorts and maybe some boxers as well?' I ask her awkwardly.

She replies instantly with, 'of course dear.' I could hear the curiosity in her voice.

Not too long after that she comes with fresh clothes in her hands.

"Thanks Marla," I thank her, and take it from her hands.

She nods and then asks, "Why do you need these things?"

I take a breath and answer, "I met my mate today," I speak slowly waiting for her reaction. Processing what I just said and eventually her eyes lit up with excitement, "Oh my god, I can't wait to meet him," she squeals and claps her hands.

"Where is he?" crossing her arms over her chest and impatiently taps her foot on the floor.

I look at her baffling. "He is still taking a shower Marla," I reply honestly.

"Well I guess I can meet him later," she says with hope filling her eyes.

"He is going to meet the others as well."

"Okay then, I will go to the kitchen and prepare dinner."

I nod and she walks out, I hear the shower turn off. He walks out from the bathroom in his towel hanging low around his hips. His hair still wet from the shower and some water drop from his hair to his chest. I can't help but admire his body, those abs that I want to feel under my hand and those V line.

I can feel my wolf in the back of my mind just want to claim him right here, right now. But I know I can't. I have to get to know him first and make him trust me.

Soon, I snap out from my thoughts, quickly straightening my posture and clear my throat.

"These are the fresh clothes," I tell him, handing him the fresh clothes. I could feel the sparks when our hands touched. It sends a pleasurable feeling through my body.

"Thanks," he grins at me. I can't help but grin back at him.

"I'll be waiting in the kitchen," I tell him and leave.

●●●

"Hey where have you been all day?" Reen mentions, walking into my direction.

I turn to look at her. "Took a nap, then checking on my mate."

"WHAT THE HELL!" Luke yells.

"My ears, dammit!" Cris scowls, covering her ears.

Luke flipping her the bird, turning to me. "My baby girl finally grown up," he says, erasing some fake tear and pulls me into a tight hug.

"Shut up Luke," I grunt.

"Congratss babe I am happy for you!" Cris beams a smile.

"Yeahh congrats Alex you deserve it," Reen pats my back.

I pull away from Luke. "Thanks guys, where is Angie?" I asks them.

"I am here," she announces her presence. I look at Nick, who is standing beside her and I frown.

She looks at me and says, 'he doesn't know where the kitchen is so I walk him here,' she tells me honestly. I nod at her direction.

"Guys this is my mate Nick. Nick this is Reen my beta and Cris my gamma and this is Luke my sister second in command," I tell him, pointing in their direction. Logan waves at them.

"Wow," Cris says.

Reen nods at her. "Lucky bitch," Reen grumbles.

"So this is the famous Nick," Luke smirkes, scanning my mate up and down.

"Luke," I warn him with a glare. He puts his hand up in the air in mock surrender.

"Well I could tell, that you are the perfect mate for her," he smiles.

I feel pride rising in my chest at what Luke said as I stare at my mate with adoration.

"Thanks Luke," My mate says.

"We are gonna be best buddies," Luke happily claps his hands.

"You know sometimes I wonder why I make you my second in command," Angie shakes her head, smiling to herself.

He pouts at her. "Well because you lovee mee."

"Immature," Cris mumbles under her breathe.

Marla comes with the foods as we sit in the dining room.

"This looks delicious Marla," Angie tells her, observing her food with hungry eyes. The others nod in agreement.

"Thank you, my Queen." Angie smiles in reply.

We eat together happily and have a small talk about random things.

I watch Nick silently from the corner of my eyes and find him talking with Luke. I am happy that he feels comfortable around me and my family and not being awkward. I am so glad they make him feel welcomed.

______________________________________

So what do you think about this chapter?

Please leave vote, comment and don't forget to share!

Love you guys!