➸ Chapter 23

"Your father is working with rogues

"Your father is working with rogues. He is planning to take over my pack. He has an alliance. And when I finally got the chance to meet him, that's my chance to know the answer to all of this."

"I understand Alex. I know you never going to hurt me. Then, what is your next plan?"

"I will interrogate him more and demand him some answers," clenching my fist, "And then I will know, when and what is my next move."

"Nick, are you aware that your father are working with rogues pack?"

"Yes, I'm aware, seeing that he always gone and sometimes I see him talk with a few man that I don't familiar with. And sometimes I can smell rogue smell lingering in the air when I go for a run. But he never bother to do anything about it. I never think about it too much, since I don't want to get in his way and I don't want to get hurt, so I just shut my mouth. And when you said it, now I know what I thought is true."

"Thank you for telling me Nick," I say softly, caressing his cheek. He leaned into my touch, closing his eyes.

"I thought that you are going to react so badly when I tell you the news."

"Of course not, Alex, because I already suspect it before you did," he mutters, yawning. Slowly, his eyes flutter close as he sleeps peacefully beside me.

●●●

Opening the cage's door wider, I step in and close the cage's door shortly. As I walk towards his sleeping figure, I can hear his heartbeat increases.

"You know, you don't have to preteds to sleep. I know you're already woke up," I say, playing with my nails casually, standing in front of him.

He slowly sit on the floor, his hands chained to the wall.

"So now, can you please tell me why you want to take over my pack?"

"For power of course."

"Why you want power that badly? You are already an alpha, you already have the power. What more could you possibly want?"