➸ Chapter 12

The rogue jumps from the bush and charges at me

The rogue jumps from the bush and charges at me. I immediately shift into my wolf as I feel my canines lengthen and my claws extending, my body is growing bigger and taller as my clothes torn apart.

The rogue aims his paw at my face, I duck my head down and bite his leg. He lets out a loud painful howl that reverberates in the forest as more rogues come in our direction.

I turn to look at Nick to notice him already shifting into his wolf. His wolf is beautiful, his fur is dark brown, it looks so slick and smooth, his wolf has brown eyes like he does, big and beautiful.

Nick is fighting a rogue, I examine his body from any injuries and when he didn't have any, I instantly feel relieved.

When I turn back, I am too late. He already got up and bite my waist, teeth digging deep into my flesh. I let out a fierce growl as I scratch his face with my claws.

He growls at me and pull out his teeth, at one time, I grab his neck and twist it. He limps lifelessly in my arms and drop him to the ground.

'REEN!' I yell through mind link.

'What?' she asks, startled.

'Get the warriors here fast! we are attacked by rogues.'

'Where are you?'

'In the south border.'

'We will be there.'

A rogue strikes at me and I push him to the side with my claws. I growl, baring my teeth at him. He tries to bite my leg but I kick his face, I push him down to ground.

Trying to break free from my hard grasp, I bite him on the neck. I feel warm liquid flow into my mouth as a metallic taste hit my tongue, I know that that is blood. Slowly, he stops moving under me. I pick him and throwing him to the nearby tree, carelessly.

All the rogues look at me with eerie eyes. I growl loudly at them, they whimper and back away from me, running into the woods and out of sight.

I walk behind a tree and shift back into my human form and put clothes on.