➸ Chapter 13

I walk to the back yard and see Angie that is already waiting for me patiently

I approach her slowly as she standing there, her hands behind her back, looking calm and quiet. But I know better than that, seeing that she is in deep thoughts.

She knows that the person is me so she doesn't turn, instead she keeps her attention straight ahead, witnessing the woods in front of her.

"Hey, are you alright?" I ask her, when I notice her quietness. She doesn't usually quiet. Maybe something is wrong.

She turns to me, nodding slowly. "Yeah, I'm fine," there is a hesitant look on her face as she opens her mouth about to say something, but immediately closes it, shaking her head.

I take it as my cue to talk. "If there is something bothering you.. tell me okay? You know that you can talk to me anytime," I give her a genuine smile.

"Yeah I will.. it's just that I get this gut feeling that something bad is gonna happen, but I don't know what," she says anxiously. Since this morning I can't shake off that feeling too. I hope it's nothing bad.

"Yeah me too.." I trail off, frowning.
"Anyway, I wanna let my wolf out," I say, changing the topic.

"Well I guess this is the perfect time," she grins.

"Ready?" she asks after I shift into my wolf.

'Hell yeah!' I state, giving her a wolfish grin.

She takes off running. I am following beside her. It feels good as the wind brush my face, I immediately poke my tongue out. My paws hit the dirt as I run swiftly, dodging every brach that appears, jumping at every rock that I pass.

'Do you see any prey?' I ask, striding beside her. She stops, looking around us, finally her eyes settling at one direction.

'I guess you already found it,' I state.
She grins, "I already did."

Her eyes changing color to a crimson red, her fangs elongate and her claws extend. Her eyes look wild and widen with hunger as she craves for blood.