➸ Chapter 14

I run out from the mansion straight to the forest, shifting mid-air with Reen and Cris

I run out from the mansion straight to the forest, shifting mid-air with Reen and Cris. The warriors trailing behind us.

I stop dead in my track when I catch the scent of rogues and... vampires?

I jump on a rock and take a whiff in the air, to check once again if I smell it right. They stop behind me and watching me closely.

'What is it?' Reen asks.

'I smell rogues and vampires,' I say after certain minutes.

'Are you sure?' Cris asks, looking unsure about my statement.

'I'm sure of it,' I demand. If I were her I would be unsure too. It's odd to see vampires wandering around here, especially my territory.

I let my vision turn sharper, my hearing is clearer, my ears perking up on any noises, my smelling is more vivid. My posture is rigid as I look around, trying to catch her scent.

Closing my eyes and focusing on my smelling. In time, I hit with the smell of blood. I open my eyes and turn around to look at them.

'I smell blood,' I say.

'I want five warriors to go to each border. And If any of you find rogues or vampires, capture and bring them to the cage immediately,' I order.

'Yes my Queen,' they answer simultaneously.

'Lead the way, we following close behind you,' Cris says after the warriors run into the woods.

I start walking forward, trying to smell where the blood is coming from. As I move forward, the smell is getting stronger.

I feel something wet hit my paws, I look down and there are blood on them. I follow the blood trail. Now I can smell her scent but it's faint.

I walk faster and it leading into big bushes. I push the bushes from my way and what I see in front of me make me eyes widen in horror.

There, my sister is laying on the ground. She has her eyes closed, a big bite on her side, there is a big gash on her upper leg, big claw marks on her forearm and an ugly bruises on her neck that is black and blue. Her body is covered with dried blood.

I howl loudly and it sounds painful. My heart squeeze painfully inside my chest, seeing her like this. I feel my eyes starting to sting. I feel ashamed of myself.

I can't protect her. I fail.

A hiss come out from behind me. I turn around, ready to attack but stop when I look at the person. Luke.

Since when did he get here?

His attention is on Angie laying in the pool of blood. His jaw clenching tightly as his eyes blazing with anger.

In a second, he is on her side, his eyes hold sadness and anger as he examining her body. He put his hand under her knees and the other under her neck as he pick her up gently. He didn't care the fact that he is covered in blood. Her blood.

Nobody dare to make a move.

I watch him silently. My wolf keep quiet in the back of my mind, seeing that my sister is in the right hand.

He turn his attention to me, waiting for my instruction.

I nod my head. He takes this as a permission, dashing and gone into the woods.

'I'll catch up on you two later and make sure she goes to the infirmary,' I say. They just nod in reply. They know I need time to think about all of this clearly.

How can I be so selfish? Why didn't I search for her? How didn't I know there are rogues and vampires in the territory? Why can't I catch their scent?

Right now, I feel different kind of emotions. I feel hurt, sad, confused. However, my anger take over.

WHO THE FUCK HURT MY SISTER?

I growl loudly, my voice echo through the forest. The wind makes the trees sway from side to side. The birds chirp loudly and fly from their trees.

I hear thunder footsteps from the animals in the forest. They run away from me, they terrified of me. They feel the atmosphere changes into a dangerous one. They feel my anger, my aura.

My pack members can feel that their Queen is angry. No, she is furious.

I try to regain my ragged breathing. My wolf wants to punch the living day out of everything that makes into her way.

I need to calm down and I have one solution. We have to go for a run, to cool both me and my wolf.

●●●

I stop behind a tree and shift back into my human form and put on a pair of new clothes that I get on the tree branch.

In a several trees we always put a pair of fresh clothes. So it would make us easier when we shift back into human form because we don't have to wait for people to bring us new clothes.

When I come into the mansion, I run directly to the infirmary and burst to the front door.

"Where is my sister?" I demand.

"She is in the treatment chamber my Queen," Dr. Mark bows, shaking slightly.

"When can I visit her?"

"I a-assure you t-tomorrow y-you c-can v-visit her," he stammers.

I nod curtly. "Very well then, make sure she gets a major treatment."

"Y-yes my Queen," He eagerly nods and bows before scurrying off.

I start walking to the other direction and go to my room straight away.

I open my bedroom door and close it shortly. I walk to the bathroom and take a shower. After I am all cleaned up, I get straight to the bed and I close my eyes, welcoming sleep. But it never comes.

My thoughts are elsewhere, mostly are about my sister. Is she okay? Is she still alive? I hope she is. I don't know what I would do without her.

I open my eyes and sit on the bed.

I turn my head and look at the empty space beside me. Where is Nick? Is he okay? Is he mad at me because previously, I don't let him go with me?

I run my hands through my hair and pull it, sighing in frustration.

I put my head in my hands and I feel droplet of tears running down my cheeks as I sob quietly.

Why do I have to ruin everything?

Why I always make it worse?

______________________________________

This is so sad. I feel bad for her.

She feels that Angie is hurt because of her. She feels that it is her responsibility to protect Angie.

I honestly love her character. She is strong, smart, caring, independent, beautiful young woman. She deserves to be a Queen.

Anyway, don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

Thank you!