-6-

Charlotte was running around looking for something to wear to the party tonight

Charlotte was running around looking for something to wear to the party tonight. Before she didn't know if she even wanted to go and now she was running around like a maniac trying to find a perfect dress to wear.

"What about the red dress you showed me a few days ago?" Alice asked. She had been sitting on her bed looking at the red-head going through her stuff over and over again. She didn't want to say anything at first but when she saw how upset her friend was getting she couldn't keep quiet.

"Alice you're the best!" Charlotte squealed and pulled her friend in for a hug. Alice laughed at her friend, she really liked Charlotte. She was something special. If only Marlene could see it as well.

It was almost time for the girls to start getting ready for the party. The girls were starting to take out all the makeup and other things to get ready. Lily and Alice exchanged looks before they turned to their new friend with smirks on their faces.

"So Lottie, does you want to tell us about yesterday?" Alice asked still smirking.

"What about yesterday? I told you everything already." She said confused. She had gotten a lot of question about her disappearing with James the whole day yesterday.

"Not about that, about your evening with someone else." This made Charlottes face flash red. Nothing special had happened with Sirius last night, they had just talked and gotten to know each other better, but it meant a lot to her.

"It was nothing special, we just talked." She said trying to play it off. She didn't get away with it though, both her friends saw right through her.

"Nothing? You didn't feel anything?" Lily asked this time. Both of them were still smirking at Charlotte.

"Should I feel something? I just met the guy." Charlotte lied. She felt something for Sirius, but she knew she could never act on those feelings. The thing was that she didn't knew how long she would stay here and she couldn't leave him here with that, and knowing he was dead in her time didn't help either.

"We know that. But the way you two look at each other and you should have seen him yesterday after your night together."

"Even if we had feelings for each other it would never work out." Charlotte said trying to shake the thought from her head.

"Why is that?" Lily asked wanting to know why her friend was thinking like that.

"I have to much going on. With my parents and my brother, I can't drag him in to that."

Alice and Lily nodded. They understood where she came from, but they didn't agree with her. Sirius had things of his own, big things, that he didn't want to burden anyone with. If they just could see it,  if she just could see it, they would be perfect together.

Sirius couldn't stop thinking about Charlotte and their night together. Nothing had happened, but he felt like he knew her now. Like he knew more about who she was and what she wanted in life. They had talked about anything and everything.